006

01x06

A small plane had emergency landed on a golf course. The passenger had passed out, presumably a heart attack. The 118 helped get her out of the plane and on to the ground.

"Does she have any history of heart problems?" Bobby asked the pilot.

"No, she's only 32, how does this happen?" he replied.

"Blood pressure's 80/40. Still dropping," Hen informed them.

"It looks like a possible heart attack," Jamie said.

"Nitro sublingual," Bobby ordered.

Buck's phone rang and Jamie rolled her eyes. She knew it was Abby, recently she had been all that Buck talked about.

"Hey, Abbs, I'm-I'm on a call," he answered the phone. "Wait, wh-what stunt? You faked an emergency?" he turned to the pilot.

"I was proposing. I thought I was being romantic," he defended himself.

"Yeah, there's nothing more romantic than killing your partner," Jamie said angrily. She thought the worst part of her job was all the dumb-asses she had to deal with.

"Guys, she's on levothyroxine," Buck informed the team.

"Not a heart attack," Bobby stated.

"Broken heart syndrome?" Hen asked.

"That's what I'm thinking."

"That's a real thing?" the boyfriend asked.

"Mimics the symptoms of a heart attack. It was probably brought on by her thyroid medication and you nearly scaring her half to death," Bobby informed the man.

Hen gave her the proper medication for her condition and in a few seconds she was conscious again. Bobby and Jamie helped her sit up.

"Good call, Abby, she's conscious," Buck said into the phone before he hung up.

"Can I see the ring again?" she asked the boyfriend.

"Is she actually considering his proposal?" Jamie whispered to Buck.

"I think so."

"Yes," the woman said softly after her boyfriend had placed the ring on her finger. Then she slapped him.

"I gotta say he deserves that," Jamie told Buck and he agreed. He placed his arm around her shoulder as they walked back to the truck.

————

"God, I hate valentine's day," Buck complained on their next call. "Everywhere you look, it's perfume ads, candy ads, jewelry ads. It's a fake holiday designed by women to make guys feel guilty and go into debt."

"You think it's just women who run the companies that are trying to sell you these things?" Bobby asked.

"Well they're at least in on it." He argued.

"Buck, if you don't like valentine's day then don't celebrate it," Jamie told him.

"Can't you and I just hang out and pretend like it's a normal day?" he asked her.

"Can't, I have a date," she smiled at him.

"For the record, I know plenty of women who don't like valentine's day and plenty of guys who love it." Bobby informed him.

"You?" Buck and Jamie asked in unison.

"Yeah. Here and there, I've been known since I was about eight years old to like valentine's day. And after I met my wife, I'll tell you what, you have someone to share it with, it could be pretty great."