Bilingual (Henry Creel)

*This story contains smut!: Hair pulling, Choking, if you squint a bit of mockery*

*4081 words*

You sat in Brenner's office, zoning out staring at the clock as he ranted on and on about things you should change about your behavior. Once the man before you dismissed you you hurried out of the room, your heels clicking against the white tiles of the floor as you hurried to a certain someone's room. The reason you were in such a rush started when you were watching over the children in the rainbow room.

You stood in the corner of the room, quietly watching as the kids engaged in their puzzles and games. Every once in a while your eyes drifted to the man standing in the opposite corner of the room, Henry.

You had been friends with him ever since you started working in the lab a couple months ago, he was chosen to show you around the place and ever since then you just stuck together. You got along with the blonde quite well, some would even say too well, the way he'd joke around making you giggle and playfully smack his chest, or during meal times when you always sat just close enough to each other that your knees would always be touching.

You both were far from oblivious to the murmurs that would fill the room if your hand so much as brushed against his. You had to be honest, you couldn't help but sprout feelings for the man. Deep inside you you always felt something warm when he'd stand just behind you near the ends of shifts when he'd rest his chin on your shoulder, or in the rainbow room when he'd crouch down to help one of the children. You always thought of him to be a gentle, kind and loving man, and painfully attractive too.

You shared every shift you had, Brenner knew how well you both got along so he thought it would be most practical for you to work together as much as possible. Today's shift in particular was different than previous days, you always shared looks during the hours but today it seemed you couldn't take your eyes off of each other. Every single time you'd glance over in his direction his eyes were trained on you, watching your every move.

Once you were sure all children were busy you decided to look over at Henry again, this time holing eye contact. His brows were furrowed slightly, eyes boring into yours and his head stood tilted slightly as if he were truly studying you. After a couple seconds of eye contact he snapped out of his near trance like state, shaking his head and breaking eye contact. "What's going on with him today?" You thought to yourself, straightening your back and looking back over the children as the last minutes of your shift ticked away on the clock.

Perfectly on time when the clock read 6 PM the doors burst open, Two other orderly's standing there to escort the children to their designated rooms. Once the room was fully cleared out and the doors closed again, leaving only you and Henry he walked over to you. "Hey, after your talk with Brenner, you wanna come over to my room and just, you know, hang out?" He asked, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "Oh! uh, sure!" You replied, always happy to spend any amount of time with your best and only friend.

"Great! see you then, I'll be waiting." He winked at you, all his nerves washing away as soon as you agreed. You stood there with butterflies in your stomach as he walked out of the room.

You counted the numbered plates on the doors as you passed them, pushing through the doors to enter the area for orderly's alone. Your fingers traced along the tiles of the wall until you reached his door, a gentle glow seeping through the crack between the door and the floor. Taking a deep breath and straightening your uniform you raised your hand to knock on his door. "Henry? it's Y/N." You said through the door, letting your hand fall back to your side.

"Oh yes, come on in" He replied calmly, granting you access to enter his room. Taking another deep breath you reached for the handle, twisting it and pushing open the door. You stepped into the room, turning around to shut the door. Once you heard the click of the door falling into place you turned around to see Henry once again studying you, this time much more gentle than the last.