Chapter 2: Rise of the Occult

Three months after the fiasco with Ryan, Ivan was nowhere to be seen and Janet was her room, worried for his safety. "Where could he be and why did he pledge never to be seen until he finishes his house by himself!" Complained Janet, into her pillow. She spiraled and donned her badge. "If he's not going to come to me then I'm gonna come to him!" Declared Janet marching to her house's entrance.

When she opened the door she was presented with Ivan drenched in blood yet again. "Oh Janet, I'm done building my home!" He beckoned proudly. "What happened in those three months?" Asked Janet, concerned. "Honestly, I have no idea. I went into the forest and spent a few weeks building my residence. After that I immediately went out to bring you to it but was attacked by an eevee that tried to gnaw through my front leg. Finally, I blacked out and woke up singing 'It's Raining Eevees', drenched in blood while several sylveons sang backup and a crowd of eeveelutions in what appeared to be a rave. Naturally, I finished singing and came here closely followed by another sylveon who I named Natasha." Explained Ivan, petting Natasha who was waving at Janet and nuzzling Ivan.

"So does she talk?" Questioned Janet. "No she hasn't spoken a word this entire time. Natasha do you speak?" Replied Ivan. Natasha responded by saying nothing and cleaning Ivan off with a towel. "Well she's certainly very responsible." Remarked Janet. "So, wanna see my house?" Offered Ivan. "Sure, I wanna find out what you blacked out for." Accepted Janet. Once again, Ivan carried Janet back to his house, sadly, he wasn't fully cleaned when he did it. Natasha followed close behind them and attempted to wipe off Ivan while doing so.

"I can run too Ivan!" Beckoned Janet as she was zipped through the forest. "You're not that fast." Replied Ivan. "How would you know? You never let me run with you!" Replied Janet, frustrated. "Doesn't matter Janet and look we're already here!" Declared Ivan, presenting his grand and beautiful mansion. "How did you build this in a few weeks?" Pondered Janet, amazed. "I got the materials and used my work ethic to complete this modest residence." Answered Ivan.

"Modest?!? That is a mansion and what is that at the back?" Yelled Janet. "A brewery." Replied Ivan. "You built a brewery in a few weeks?" Repeated Janet, astonished. "No that's ridiculous! I built two breweries in a single week." Chuckled Ivan. "Why would you even need two breweries in the first place?" Yelled Janet. "If I wanna beat Giratina I'll need quite a bit of Poké." Answered Ivan casually.

"You know what? I'm not going to ask any more questions about this ever again." Declared Janet, her paw on her face. "That's a great idea, now we can go inside." Said Ivan patronizingly. They walked to the porch and entered the mansion. Natasha rushed off to another room. "Anyway, I have to wash off all this blood so you can give yourself a tour around the mansion." Said Ivan as he went into the washroom just 20 feet away from the entrance. "It's almost like he knew he would have to use it this much." Commented Janet, walking left to the direction Natasha went.

She only got to see a few rooms before she heard a murmuring from a door with a large window. "Is that Ivan?" Questioned Janet, walking towards the sound. She looked through the window, spotting Natasha drawing four separate pictures of Ivan. "Why would she only draw him, aren't there better things to paint than the most perplexing man I've seen in my life?" Pondered Janet, not noticing that Natasha had stopped. Natasha looked at the door and spotted Janet.

Instantly a knife was flung through the door and grazed Janet, giving her a close shave, literally. "What the heck?" Screamed Janet, checking herself for injury and stepping away from the door and glass shards. "All I did was ask why you were drawing Ivan!" Shouted Janet. "Exactly, Janet." Replied Natasha, retrieving her knife. "You could talk the whole time?" Gasped Janet, backing away. "Of course I could Janet, Ivan taught me how but I guess he wasn't conscious back then. Nonetheless, you're his focal point right now and now that you peeked on me, you're my focal point too." Answered Natasha, throwing knives at Janet.