Father/Daughter Moment: Sick during Detention

Dad's lessons were always brutal and if you weren't paying attention, he would yell at you and give you detention. I hadn't told him this morning that I wasn't feeling well so I went to my lessons as if I was perfectly fine. His lesson was my last lesson for the day. Not telling Dad that I was sick was the undoing of me. We were only taking notes but still I couldn't focus and got yelled at and told to stay after the lesson was over. I tried to pay attention but my fevered mind kept me from doing so. The lesson ended and I stayed in my seat. The rest of my peers hurried out as quickly as possible.

"Miss Snape, you will serve detention with me at 7pm and you are to pay attention in my lessons."

"Yes dad."

"That's Professor Snape while we are at Hogwarts, is that understood?"

"Yes Professor."

"Run along now and be back at 7."

"Yes sir."

I went back to my dormitory and laid on my bed trying not to cry. I felt so sick and I just wanted my dad to make me feel better. I knew that I couldn't miss detention or I'd get more so at 6:45, I slowly made my way back to his classroom.  I knocked and waited for him to either open the door or ask me to come in. I didn't hear any movement but I did hear him telling  me to enter.

"Good Evening Professor."

"Miss Snape, you will be cleaning cauldrons for me without magic so hand me your wand." I handed it to him and walked over to the sink.

I felt like I was going to puke but I didn't tell dad. I was too afraid that I would get more detention. I got through the first cauldron but when I went to do the next one I could feel that I wasn't going to make it the whole detention without being violently ill.

"Dad, I don't feel so good..." I said as I started to gag.

"Daria, I told you not to..."

My vomit splattering on the floor interrupted him. I tried to stop so that I could make it to the toilets. It just caused my stomach to turn even more. He ran over to me as soon as he realized that I was sick.

"Sweetheart, let it out, I can clean it up later," he said as he reached me.

He gathered my hair into a ponytail so that I wouldn't get vomit in it and started to rub my back. I always hated getting sick and always tried to stop myself so my dad knew that I'd try to stop myself. After I stopped for the first time, dad cleaned up my puddle and hurried me into his chambers. I whipped my hand over my mouth and ran for the toilet. He wasn't that far behind me. I leaned over the bowl and kept trying not to throw up until dad pushed on my stomach. I had no other choice but to let it out. I groaned as I continued to be sick. I fell back against him from exhaustion. He then helped me up, wiped my mouth with his handkerchief and handed me a glass of water. I rinsed my mouth and then slowly made my way out of the bathroom and laid on the sofa.

"Daria, you are staying here tonight so I can keep an eye on you. I'll let Mr. Filch know so he doesn't say that you aren't in bed."

I nodded and started to close my eyes. I drifted off to sleep but woke up a few hours later to see my dad reading in his usual chair.

"Are you feeling better, my dear?"

Before I could answer him, I threw up all over myself and the sofa. I started to cry because I had never done that before, even when I was younger. Once I stopped, I started apologizing and he cleaned me up by using the Scourgify charm.

"Luv, you’re sick and you couldn't help it. I'll leave my garbage bin here beside you just in case you need it."

I laid back down and rested. In the morning, Dad told me I wasn't going to any of my classes. He told me to rest and that he would check one in-between his classes. He brought me some toast before he left for his first class. I ate it hungrily and regretted it shortly after when I began to throw it up again.

I went to the door that connected to the classroom and got my dad's attention. He dismissed class and got another professor to fill in for him so that he could take care of me. It took me a few days to recover and I couldn't have been so grateful for my dad.