Join my Crew!

Previously

"Yeah! And she's gonna join my crew and be our nakama!"

It's so quiet you could've heard a mouse drowni-

"EH?!"

Now

Saki grins. "I'm honoured. But not yet."

Luffy cries crocodile tears. "Why not?!" He whines, pouting.

"I still have to find my friend!"

"Eh? Your friend?" Chopper questions cutely.

"Yeah! He's the reason why I'm even stranded!" Saki replies.

"I'm almost scared to ask, but how? I mean you said an explosion, but...." Nami asks uncertainly.

"Oh, we were looking for someone, he and I did a dine 'n dash, people chased us, he got us lost-"

Nami covers her scoff with a cough.

"And he set fireworks on fire and caused a massive explosion, sending me halfway across the Grand Line!" Saki finishes.

Usopp has stars in his eyes. He would love to have gunpowder manpower like that.

"I find it hard to believe that fireworks could cause an explosion that big," Zoro narrows his eyes, skeptical.

'Bastard doesn't believe us.' Phantom scoffs.

'What a bitch.' Saki was sure Nyx would've rolled her eyes.

'Be nice!'

"It's true! There is such gunpowder in fireworks that could cause a huge explosion. Especially if they're all set on fire," Usopp argues against Zoro.

The moss ball rolls his eyes, still suspicious and doubtful.

"How could your friend hurt a beautiful lady such as you, Saki-chwan~!"

I'm sure you all know who said that.

But Saki just shrugs. "Eh, it didn't hurt. Not much anyway. Just for a few burns and bruises. Maybe a concussion." She tilts her head and furrows her eyebrows. "Actually now that I think about it, those burns and bruises healed rather quickly and I just had a headache for a day..."

Chopper's mouth opens in shock. "You should've gotten a lot more injuries than that! A normal human would've died!"

Saki bites her lip (It was a habit of hers) and blinks. "Huh...Oh well! I've lived to see another day! Woo hoo! Another encounter with death, yet I still stand!"

"Woah..."

Saki jumps up and down in excitement. "Guys, guys, guess what?!"

Luffy matches her enthusiasm. "What?!"

"I've broken my record for near-death experiences! I've also broken my record for days lived! That's two records!"

"WOAHHH! THAT'S SO COOL!"

If Nyx could've face palmed, she would have a dozen times by now. This crew was making her lose brain cells. If she listened to them any longer, she'd only have two brain cells left like the Straw-Hat Captain. She wouldn't be surprised if Luffy was dropped on the head as a kid. Same with Saki. But Saki did get punched a lot as a kid and got into a lot of fights, so I guess that's it?

Even Saki's own self (her other personality) was questioning if Saki herself was actually stupid. Kinda sad if you think about it. Actually no. It's more funny than sad.