Towards Yuba (With Some Complications Along the Way)

Just another design of Saki.

Saki leans against the railing of the Going Merry next to Ace as Vivi bids farewell to Karoo. The brave duck was going to deliver an important letter to the King himself. Saki wasn't sure what it was about and frankly, she didn't really care.

'You don't care that Alabasta is being overrun by a Shichibukai?'

'Of course, I care!' Saki huffs quietly and Ace raises a knowing eyebrow.

'Well, that's what the letter is about, idiot.'

'Oh.'

"I knew that Crocodile of the Shichibukai was in this kingdom..." Ace started. "But who's ever heard of a pirate trying to take over a kingdom? What a bad joke." Ace shakes his head and scoffs. "A pirate, trying to set anchor and settle down in one place? He can't be trying to take the throne as King."

"Alright! Let's set sail!" Saki's attention was drawn towards Luffy and the others as they climbed back on board.

"There could be more to this Kingdom takeover than meets the eye," Saki concludes.

"More?" Zoro asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Like Saki said. There could be a deeper, ulterior motive." Ace says, pushing himself away from the railing, leaving the swordsman deep in thought.

'Wouldn't be surprised if this bastard wanted his grimy hands on one of the Poneglyphs. Doesn't every country have at least one hidden?'

Saki hums quietly. 'It's unlikely but possible...'

"We're finally here!" Luffy calls out, grinning.

"We're finally gonna walk in the desert!" Chopper looks at Saki excitedly with a grin. "Must be pretty hot..."

"Yeah, it gets super hot!" Saki decides to take off her blue beanie. "Will you be ok? I don't think reindeer are meant for hot weather...."

"I'll be ok!" Chopper beams.

Saki nearly dies from cuteness overload.

"I heard that the temperatures go over 50° during the day," Nami walks down the stairs from the helm.

"What?!!" Chopper's eyes widen drastically. "Are you serious?!"

Saki tilts her head in thought. If she's taken off her beanie then she'll have nothing on her head. Her eyes light up. Steal Ace's hat! He doesn't need it! He's made of fire!

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, NAMI-SAN?!" Sanji gasps, panicked, when he sees her covered head to toe by a cloak. "WHERE ARE YOUR DANCING GIRL CLOTHES?!" Sanji looks like he could burst out in tears at any moment.

Vivi walks by, wearing a similar cloak.

"NOO! NOT VIVI-CHAN, TOO!!" Sanji cries dramatically, close to ripping his hair out. He gasps and whips his head towards Saki. He breathes a sigh of relief when he sees Saki still wearing her thigh-length kimono. That bubble burst, however, when Vivi hands her a blue-grey cloak. "NOOOOOOO!!!"

"Sanji, we'll be burned by the desert sun if we leave our skin exposed." Vivi reasons with a nervous smile. "The desert sun is merciless, after all."

Saki tilts her head at the cloak. "How'd you conveniently have one in storage for me?"

"Oh, we bought that for you in Nanohana!" Vivi smiles.

"Awww, thank you!"

Sanji had fallen to the deck and mutters under his breath pathetically. "My precious dancing girls..." he starts rolling around on the floor in dramatic grief.