Alabasta

A Sea Cat.

It had to be a Sea Cat.

The Monster Trio were thinking of food and Saki was thinking 'friend' while sparkles surrounded her. I think the poor Cat was more scared of Saki than the three who were starving.

"That thing's HUGE!" Luffy hollers.

"A Sea Cat!" Vivi gasps.

"A SEA MONSTER!!" Chopper and Usopp cry out, throwing their arms into the air.

"A NEW FRIEND!!!" Saki beams.

'Oh no....we're gonna get eaten again...aren't we?'

'Probably. Just accept your fate...'

"Our course is steady. I wish we'd get there already," Nami sighs, eyeing the Eternal Pose in her hand calmly.

Zoro came running to the main deck, unsheathing his katana and swinging them around wildly. "OUR FIRST MEAL IN FOUR DAYS!"

"FOOOD!!!" Luffy stands next to the swordsman, flexing his muscles.

"YOU ATE ALL THAT FISH YESTERDAY!"

"WELL, I'M HUNGRY!"

The Sea Cat flinches at the dark looks it's receiving from the two males. It pales and begins to back away from the ship.

"Ah! It pulled back!"

"Reverse ship! BACK! BACK!!"

"L-L-L-L-Like I can do that!!"

"Don't let it get away! Make sure you kill it!" Sanji came running to help hunt the Sea Cat. "You'd better make some damn good cooking, you monster cat!"

"NO!!" Viv grabs a broom and whacks the boys across their heads, sending them slamming their faces directly into the railing. Saki whacks them all with the hilt of her Norowareta Ha for good measure.

The Sea Cat takes this opportunity to dive back into the sea, disappearing quickly.

"Vivi! Saki!" Luffy glares at them over his shoulder. "You jerks, what the hell do you guys think you're doing?!"

"W-Why? Vivi-chan...Saki-chwan..." Sanji eyes them as if they'd killed a kitten. Ironic, since he was just about to do so.

"You can't eat it!" Vivi states with a frown. "In Alabasta, Sea Cats are sacred creatures!"

Saki glares at them darkly. "That Sea Cat was gonna be my friend..."

Everyone sweatdrops.

"Why didn't you say so?!" Luffy exclaims, responding to Vivi's statement.

"There sure are a lot of things in the ocean, huh?" Chopper comments with a nervous smile while Usopp lies on his back, collapsed from fear and shock.

"Y-You still have a long way if that scared you." Usopp then immediately stands upright, a brave facade plastered on his face as Chopper turns his head to him. "Heh," Usopp smirks confidently, placing a leg on the cannon. "How about I tell you of the time I fought off Sea Kings in the Calm Belt?"

"Sea Kings?!" The doctor gasps in shock.

"The big kind. And there were this many!"

"My food got away..." Luffy cries pathetically, gnawing on the railing in an attempt to satisfy his hunger.

"Don't worry...You'll be able to eat all you want soon," Vivi states with a smile and the rubber boy immediately perks up at her words.

"REALLY?! What kind of cat will it be this time?!"