Sebastian Sallow.

I awoke to the sound of Winton hooting to get my attention, he used to wake me every morning back at Beauxbaton, my body is aching as I sit up, I'm undoubtedly covered in bruises from yesterday's chaos. I look around the room and notice my roommates have already gotten up and left, I'm kind of glad in a way I'm not sure I'm ready for probing questions before I've even adjusted to the day. I slip out of bed and look around the room, it's rather charming.

The sounds of a crackling fire fill the room coming from a metal fire place in the middle of the room, 4 beds with beautiful dark wood banisters, emerald green drapes hanging from each, the Slytherin snake etched into each bed. The ceiling arches up into a dome and the walls have stunning murals of forests. Each bed has a bedside table and a trunk at the end of the bed, a basin against the far wall, a big dark wood wardrobe and a vanity. It seems one of my roommates has a black cat napping on their bed, the other a toad in his own terrarium on her bedside table. I change into my robes and make myself look somewhat presentable for my first day before I leave a girl comes into the dorm.

She has brown hair slicked back into a ponytail, a stern face and confident look yet she greets me with a small smile

"Ah you're awake, we didn't want to wake you after the night you had. Quite the entrance you made" she says raising an eyebrow with a cheeky smirk.

"Oh thank you, yeah I suppose it was. I do like to make an entrance" I wink jokingly. 

She lets out a small chuckle "Imelda Reyes and you are?" She extends her hand for me to shake.

 "my name is Y/N" I shake her hand, noticing she has a very strong grip "pleasure" she smiles a small smile again. 

She walks over to the bed opposite mine with the toad, I also notice a broom hung above her bed with small black and green detailing down the handle. She follows my gaze and seems to perk up.

 "she's a beauty isn't she? I adore flying, I'm the captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team" she beams.

"oh damn that's impressive, I'll have to come see you show off those skills then" she looks back at me a confident look that could be mistaken for arrogance "I'm the fastest in the school and use most of my time practicing, I hold the fastest time in the whole school for the track we have here. I'm trying to beat my own record though" she boasts. 

I chuckle slightly "It was great meeting you, I'll catch you later".

I excuse myself politely and head out to the common room.
Heading down the stairs from the dorms I'm greeted with the sound of slytherin students chatter, the smell of sea salt, fire embers and something sweet I can't quite put my finger on, it really is beautiful I think to myself as I stand at the bottom of the stairs admiring it for a moment.

Portraits fill the walls except for what seems to be the main part of the common room which the walls are filled with murals of the forest just like in the dorm room, a few lounge seats against the walls, globes and plants. The floor is tiled and the room has a slight blue, green tint to it I assume from the windows at the far end giving a view out into the Black Lake. I start to walk towards the middle of the room and can hear a few whispers mentioning a new fifth year and a dragon attack, news travels fast here it would seem. The middle of the common room has a rather large rug detailed with snakes, gold, green and black detailing, two black longue sofas face each other and slightly to the left of them a giant fireplace. 

I look towards the fire place, a student stood in front of it looking straight at me, the fireplace lighting his features perfectly. He has brown slightly ruffled hair, faint freckles all over his face, dark piercing eyes and a smile across his lips.

"you must be Y/N" the boy says walking to me, for some reason I can feel heat rising to my cheeks.

"the one and only" I reply smirking matching his energy. He nods in amusement