The Common Room Party.

You can feel the excitement around the school, abuzz ahead of this evenings party. Girl's helping each other and boys daring each other to try sweets from Honeydukes. I suppose everyone has their own little routines before a big night.

Here I am, looking in the talking mirror as she compliments me to the high heavens. The person looking back at me I barely recognize; She's not in her Slytherin robes anymore, no cuts on her face from fighting in the forbidden forest. Instead the person looking back at me has make up on, not too much but enough to highlight my eyes, lips and cheekbones. The emerald green silk dress we bought earlier clinging to my body in all the best ways, my hair in loose curls, a black choker on my neck with an emerald engraved serpent on it (very fitting) and black heels poppy gave me as she said they weren't her style.

Breathe...

God it's just a silly party why am I THIS worked up about it.

"Stop fretting Y/N, you look stunning" Natty appears next to me resting her head on my shoulder smiling.

"seeee I told you? stunning!" the mirror spoke and I shake my head...I'm being complimented by a mirror. Magic is weird sometimes.

"Shall we?" Poppy appears on my other shoulder, a smile as bright as ever.

Looking into the mirror it's as if I'm looking into the mirror of Erised itself, the two most important girls in my life by my side. I suppose there's a Slytherin or two missing..

"Let's go before I change my mind" I sigh with a small smile.

We leave the Gryffindor common room, linking arms and giggling with anticipation for the night.

I could feel eyes on us already from students not going to the party. We do look like a strong trio.

Poppy wearing her yellow flowy dress detailed with flowers and colorful fwloppers and plumps to match.
Natty wearing dark blue jeans with a red top, flowy sleeves with golden deer's stitched into her sleeves, of course. And a very small golden heel.
And myself with my green silk dress and serpent necklace, safe to say we are representing our house's well tonight.

Approaching the Slytherin common room it sounds quiet, almost too quiet.
I whisper the password, granting access to the common room. But once we were inside and the door closed behind us you can hear the party in full swing. Music of guitar's, bass and drums getting louder the further down the stairs we go, the buzz of conversation growing.

I squeeze my friends arms nervously as we start to turn the corner of the last part of the stairway. A lot of the party does not notice our arrival except for the one's closest to the stairs who just stare, a group of Ravenclaw boys whistling in our direction, receiving a stern, unamused look from Natty. 

However as I look ahead into the common room I notice Garreth staring, jaw practically on the floor as he hits Sebastian to draw his attention our way. As Sebastian looks over, our eyes lock and I feel color rising to my cheeks as he raises an eyebrow clearly impressed, at me or all of us I'm unsure.

The common room has a darker blue hue tint to it from the nighttime lake colors bouncing into the room from the windows, candle light illuminating the rest of the room as well as a starry night sky cast above onto the ceiling; a decorative touch from Amit I do not doubt. I can see students laughing, dancing and playing various games together from wizards chess to card games. I also notice drinks everywhere... I imagine it's not pumpkin juice.

"Look who finally showed up!" Imelda scolded as we approached our usual group "I've been stuck with these idiots on my own for nearly an hour now" she rolls her eyes before giving me an amused look, see? she's got a soft side...kind of.