Nightmares.

Where am I?...

Looking around at my surroundings it seems like an enchanted tent. The walls are fabric but this places stretches far beyond my vision. Various boxes stacked around, hay and what looks like animal food across the floors but looking closer....blood.

The hairs on my neck stand up, something is wrong here. I cast disillusionment and keep moving.

It's cold but I can feel warmth coming from further in the tent and the hum on conversations. I grab my wand, my heart is racing, how did I get here?. I follow the faint noise ahead of me, cautiously. Cages, big ones but empty what are these for?.

I approach a small room, I peer my head around with my wand at the ready and see two poachers counting money, lots of it. What is going on here..
I decide not to attack, best to leave this place unnoticed if I can, I can alert the proper authorities when I escape. This tent is like a maze but I can see a clearing.
Upon closer inspection it looks like some sort of...arena? there is blood stains on the floor and what looks like burn marks.

A loud voice catches my attention from the left.

"How could you possibly be asking more of me? I've done EVERYTHING for you" a familiar voices echoes through the tent. I know that voice...

I follow the voices down to a room, two people are stood behind a shelf having what seems to be a heated argument.

"and yet your everything is not enough" another voice I know hisses. They're speaking quite enough I can't quite make out who they are. But it sounds like a man and woman.

"Do you even know what you're asking of me? it's bad enough what we've done here, I will not aid this war anymore! I thought we were doing this to protect her...keep her out of his eyeline but you've become one of them... I don't recognize you anymore" the woman cries out... wait... it can't be.

I start to step into the room, I feel sick but it can't be...
As I peer around the shelf my stomach fills with knots...Mum.

My mother, who's been missing for months is stood across the room from me. Why is she here? Where has she been?. Looking at her closer she looks thinner, she has bruising on her face and a bandaged arm, what's happened to her?.

"She is safe as long as she stops putting her nose where it doesn't belong, like her stupid mother. If she tries crossing Ranrok again, her fate is her own. This war is bigger than her, than all of us" The man scoffs angrily.

"How could you say that! you're a monster!" My mother hisses, her eyes filling with tears.

The room is suddenly filled with the gasp my mother lets out as the man in front of her grabs her by the throat. Before I really knew what I was doing, I've jumped up from behind the shelf.

"Let her go!" I shout, my voice shaking with fear and anger as I aim my wand at the man.

But nothing happens... No one reacts...My mothers gaze still on the man and the man still holding tightly to her neck.

"Hey! Look at me! let her go!" I scream, panic filling my heart.

Nothing.

I lower my wand...how is this possible..

"I've had enough of you, You will do as I command or I will bring her to Ranrok myself... understood?" The man growls before throwing my mother to the floor.

"Mum!" I run to her side but she can't see me.
"Mum look at me, I'm here!" I can barely hold back my tears. I place my hand on her face, her expression changes... wait can she feel that? but before I can react the man looms over us.