Chapter 3: Friends?

Chantel's point of view

It took a lot of door opening, but I finally found the training room.

Thor was in there, throwing knives at targets harder than I ever could. He sure has a lot of anger to take out, hopefully he won't take that anger out on me, I thought anxiously.

"Um...hello?" I said timidly, but loud enough for Thor to hear me.

He turned around and I noticed that he was a sweaty mess. His face was drenched in sweat and his long strands of dirty-blond hair stuck to his face.

As soon as he saw me, his face went from tired to confused.

"Who are you?" He asked, probably also wondering what in the nine realms I was doing in the training room with a picnic basket.

"Well, I'm Chantel, princess of Vanaheim, your fiancée."

Thor was silent for a moment before sighing. It almost sounded like a growl.

"And why are you here bothering me?" He said as if talking to an annoying child who was pestering him.

"I am here to ask you if you would like to eat lunch with me so we can talk to one another and get to know each other better," I said and gestured to the picnic basket I was holding in my arms. "My parents said it was a great idea, and I talked with your mother on my walk down here and she said it was a great idea also." I said, hoping to convince him to come along.

Thor contemplated for a few minutes, obviously not wanting to go eat lunch with me, but he probably knew that he would get in trouble with his mother if he didn't.

"Fine," Thor said with a defeated tone.

"Great!" I said with fake excitement, trying not to show my extreme nervousness. Let's be honest, he's super tall, very muscular and built, most likely hates me, and could kill me in a second if he was angry enough to do so. He's also extremely handsome, but that's beyond the point I'm trying to make here. I was scared nearly to death by him.

Thor and I walked out of the golden palace to the royal garden and sat down under the shade of a huge tree. When I say we walked there, I meant that during the walk we kept an extreme distance from each other, like a silent restraining order on each other.

We set up the picnic blanket and food and silently ate for a while, both of us feeling equally as awkward about this. I was as nervous as could be, while Thor was probably annoyed to even think about me, let alone look at me.

"So..." I started to speak to Thor after I had finished my food, "How are you feeling about this whole arranged marriage thing? I mean, I've heard from other people like Heimdall and your mother how they say you feel, but I kind of want to hear what you think about it in your own choice of words."

Ugh, great job Chantel, that sounded really cheesy and lame, I chided myself.

Thor put his sandwich down and sighed, as if irritated that I would even think about talking to him.

"You really want to know my thoughts about this whole arranged marriage thing?" Thor said almost shouting.

I nodded hesitantly, even though now I wasn't so sure about this.

"Here are my thoughts. I hate the idea of being forced to marry someone and share my rule of Asgard with them for the rest of my life, especially with someone like you. You're probably just like all of the other girls who think that throwing themselves at me will get me to like them, although that completely the opposite of what I think. So I'd say I'm pretty unhappy!" Thor ended his angry rant with his booming voice ringing through the garden.