Chapter 6: Thanks Laufey

Chantel's point of view

I woke up, with Thor's arms around me, keeping me from falling off the bed again by accident.

I was truly content. Thor and I were finally, actually together, we were going to rule a gorgeous kingdom, and I could sleep in. Things were going very well. Until a knock on our door changed all of that.

A guard rushed in almost immediately after he knocked.

"My prince, my princess, I am very sorry to interrupt, but you both must get to the throne room as soon as possible, King Odin and Queen Frigga will be waiting. Jotunheim has declared war with Asgard to reclaim their Casket to control us, and all of the nine realms."

With that, the guard rushed out of our room. We sat straight up in bed and proceeded to scramble to get ready. I ran to my room and quickly picked out navy blue sundress that was about knee length, and had a pretty pattern across the bottom. I also picked a pair of orange, strap-like wedges to go with the dress.

After I had quickly changed and freshened up my hair and face, I rushed back to Thor's room, where he was waiting. He had on his normal armor, and was waiting by his window. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Thor, I'm ready," I said, knowing that we needed to hurry, but not wanting to leave this good feeling.

"Alright my love, I am ready also," Thor turned around to face me, and we locked arms, never wanting to leave each other's comfort.

When we finally pull apart, Thor took my hand and we quickly walked towards the throne room. When we got there, two guards opened the throne room doors for Thor and I. Inside was every possible leader of Asgard rushing around with maps, plans, or any kind of paper you could imagine, all trying to get Frigga or Odin's attention, while they were all trying to come up with a good defense plan. Both Frigga and Odin looked up when they heard the doors open, and rushed towards us. No one else seemed to notice, seeing as they were all preoccupied with trying to save and protect the city, and the kingdom.

"Oh thank goodness you're here," Frigga said in a relieved tone, and rushed to hug us. "We need you because everyone is trying to talk to us with their ideas, so we need you two as a couple more representatives for us around here."

Thor and I just rolled our eyes at each other. This meant that we would be here doing emergency business all day long. Oh well, at least I got to sleep in this morning.

~~~~~

Thor's point of view

Chantel seemed to be getting the hang of this planning very quickly. She was on top of it, telling people what they needed to do, and keeping them in check. I had never seeing her this authoritative or active really, well... ever.

Hours later, everyone had reached an agreement that Asgard needed to organize a huge army to fight Jotunheim for the casket. We would waste no time in rallying the citizens and our guards and troops to fight for the safety of Asgard. We would keep the training rooms going constantly, and set up many training camps around the villages as we could fit.

As Chantel was finishing up her final details on the battle plans, I walked up behind and wrapped my arms around her waist, kissing the back of her head lightly.

"You have served Asgard well my love, with your amazing planning skills."

Chantel paused her work and turned around to wrap her arms around my neck.

"Thank you," she giggled, and stared deep into my eyes, and I into hers. Before we knew it, we were leaning in and kissed. It was light, like floating on an orange cloud, watching the sun set after a beautiful day. Chantel pulled away and leaned her forehead on mine, closing her eyes.

"I love you," she said in almost a whisper.

The words I once thought I'd never hear from her, now freely flowed with sincerity from her lips.

I tilted Chantel's chin up, and as she opened her eyes I said, "I love you too."

~~~~~~~

Chantel's point of view

I finished the final touches on my plans, and Thor and I walked together to dinner. We realized, we never ate lunch, we were too preoccupied. Thor offered me his arm, which I gladly took as he opened the door, and we walked to the table. As we ate, I thought about the bubbly feeling I always get in my stomach when I look at Thor, I can feel the connection radiating, whether it's me blushing, him smiling, or us kissing, it's a beautiful feeling.

Then, my world shattered. Not long into dinner, the large golden front doors started to freeze over, and as the doors crashed open, in came hundreds of frost giants, wielding and pointing their ice daggers at all of us.

We all quickly got up from the table, pulled out our swords, and charged the frost giants. Both Sif and Thor, and sometimes even the Warriors Three would train me with a sword, so I knew the basics of fighting. I cheered as I sliced one of the frost giants, knocking them to the ground. But soon, frost giants were surrounding me and I could not escape. I yelled for help, but no one could come, they were too busy fighting. The tallest frost giant stepped forward and laughed, and stabbed me through the abdomen. As he pulled the blade out, everything went into slow-motion, from me crumpling lifelessly and hitting the ground, Thor yelling my name, or the dead frost giants falling to the ground all around with me.

Dark spots started to float around in my vision, and the last thing I saw was Thor sprinting towards me, killing anything that got in his way. I felt my head lift up and rest on something, I assumed it was Thor's lap, but I was already too far in the dark abyss to come back. Spiraling, falling, dying.

[A/N: Hey guys! I hope this story is going to start getting a little more actiony (is that a word?). So...what do you think is going to happen? I hope you guys are liking this story, if not, I'd love to hear why and/or any suggestions! Also, please vote, I'd really appreciate it! And thank you so much to whoever is reading this, and I hope you all have a beautiful day!]