Chapter 9: The Battle

Chantel's point of view

Two weeks had passed and the new recruits were more than ready to fight. They had built amazing reflexes, strong muscles, and great swording skills.

Heimdall had informed Odin that the Frost Giants were stirring and gathering around the Casket they had stolen from us during our battle preparation week. We were a little distracted. And rushed, and frantic, and scared. But, minor details.

Everyone was up before the break of dawn to prepare for today. The soldiers ate a very quick breakfast set up in the dining hall, and rushed out to the rainbow bridge. The soldiers formed what was looking like a wall. There were rows and rows of them lined up as far as the eye could see, and fairly deep back. No one was getting through them so easily.

Some soldiers had different orders. Some held back and protected inside the palace and around it. Some were up in trees with harpoons for the bigger Frost Giants or for the Frost Giants that got too close. And there was a secret army of about 200 soldiers hidden in one of the secret passages of Asgard. They were really the reinforcements whenever the soldiers up top were losing.

I had put my hair all up into my helmet, to hide who I was from the Frost Giants, as extra precaution against Thanos. The more he wouldn't recognize me, the safer I would be. I was in one of the rows of soldiers, more towards the back.

Frigga was back at the palace hiding important things, and protecting them. Thor and Odin were up on their horses in the front, prepared to lead us all into battle. And I was just trying not to get taken, maybe even take out a few Frost Giants. We were ready for this attack, mostly.

~~~~~~~~~

Thanos' point of view

I watched the Asgardians build their puny army, they would need much more force to defeat me. My alliance with the Frost Giants had gotten me the huge army I had needed, no Asgardian stood a chance. They would all fall before me, in my glorious victory.

When my army has won and I rule over Asgard, there will be nothing to stop me from taking over the universe once again. All that power, will be wonderful. And it all starts with Asgard.

Since Odin is crowning Thor soon, Thor already has rule over Asgard. And to help him hand over his rule, I'll just use Chantel as a bargaining chip in this game for power. And I am not intending to lose.

I looked down at the shiny, golden metal glove making this possible. I had finally gathered all of the infinity stones to complete my infinity gauntlet. The gems glistened with power in the sun. It had been so much fun tricking everyone to find the stones for me and then stealing them right behind their backs. It was almost as much fun as conquering Asgard will soon be.

The Frost Giant General, Thrym, had just alerted me that my army was ready for invasion. The less the Asgardians were prepared, the easier it would be to take control. Not that their army is a threat.

I saddled up onto my horse and rode over to the awaiting soldiers.

"Men! This is what you have been waiting for! To ruin the Asgardians! We are going to tear Asgard apart, and it will be by your hands! You will see Asgard and all of its royalty fall before us in defeat! They do not stand a chance against your thousands of numbers. Let us begin the invasion!"

Horns sounded as Thrym started up the casket and teleported us onto Asgard's rainbow bridge. We were finally here, and we would take them down, enjoying all of it.

~~~~~~~~

Chantel's point of view

I saw Thanos appear on the bridge with a humongous army of Frost Giants behind him. Our numbers were puny compared to their thousands, but we had more skilled training and more motivation. We would fight until our last breath. That's when their army charged towards us.

"Stand your ground men! Use your training! Defend Asgard with your lives!" Thor yelled as all our soldiers shifted nervously. As soon as Thanos and his army were close to us, we charged as well. The battle for Asgard had begun.

Swords were clanking left and right, lots of men and not many Frost Giants crying out. Our army was not winning.

"Come on men! Fight with all you have got!" Thor yelled. The men picked up their ferocity level, and we started pushing the Frost Giant army back.

We were winning, until Thanos started using the infinity gauntlet. Our men started falling by the dozens. But we still fought. What would we do if Thanos won? We had to fight, for everyone in Asgard.

Thanos, seeming to find something funny as he chuckled and got down from his horse. He started walking towards me with a wicked grin on his face...exactly like in my vision. How could he recognize me? Maybe the gauntlet helped. Either way, we were reaching the end.

Our second army was signaled and came out charging, but they wouldn't reach me in time. I started waving to Thor and got his attention, but he was too late for my aid as well. All I could do was back up in horror and stab at the air, hoping maybe even to graze Thanos, catch him off guard. But he just gave a deep chuckle as he reached down and picked me up by my neck.

I kicked and punched but his arms and legs felt like tree trunks to my useless swings. Thor was galloping at full speed towards us, as Thanos swung me around by my neck.

This whole thing seemed to be in slow motion, deja-vu. It was over. Thor couldn't let me go, it wasn't in his nature. He'd trade my life for the rule of Asgard in a heart beat. We'd all be forced to surrender and forced to endure whatever Thanos wanted.

Our perfectly timed plan of Thor and the second army saving me was crushed, and the harpoons coming from the trees were bouncing off Thanos like marshmallows. Even my attempt to disguise myself failed because Thanos immediately recognized my face in the sea of soldiers.

We had no hope left. I looked into Thor's eyes and saw pleading and desperation. I was his one weakness, and it would cost the kingdom everything.

[A/N: WE REACHED 1K READS!!! AHHH I'm so happy! Okay, I'm good. So, this chapter was super stressful to write because I didn't want to mess it up or anger my lovely readers too much (XD), please don't kill me! I'm hoping to get the next updates out fairly soon so I don't leave you hanging too long. I hope you enjoyed this chapter or liked the suspense, something around that area. Thank you to everyone reading!]