Chapter 7: Not so Imaginary Dreams

Thor's point of view

Eir, our exceptional healer, said that somehow, the wound in Chantel's stomach had evaded all needed organs and intestines, but she had lost a lot of blood and the wound was very hard to close. She was confident though, that Chantel would have a slow, but full recovery.

I had sat beside Chantel's hospital bed everyday for two weeks, until this morning Eir delivered the good news of her recovery. I stroked Chantel's hand and stared at her now pale, but still beautiful face. Even when she was suffering from a stab wound and blood loss, she still managed to look stunning. I thought I saw Chantel stir, but she only went back to her normal state again.

I needed her back, both for my sanity and Asgard's protection. Chantel had most of her plans for preparation and battle in her head, not written down.

But I needed Chantel too. She kept me going everyday, with her positive yet determined spirit, she would help me through emotional times. Or at least the few we had together so far.

Chantel stirred again, but I didn't pay much mind to her because she had never actually woken up when she stirred the past couple weeks. Except, this time I felt something touch my hand ever so lightly. I quickly turned to face Chantel's bed, and found her wincing, and stretching. She looked over at me with those beautiful blue eyes, and all my stress seemed to float away. She was back.

"Hello handsome." Chantel said while simultaneously yawning.

"Hello gorgeous," I replied and kissed her. "How does everything feel?"

"I'm glad to be back, but I ache all over, and I don't think I have any abdomen muscles anymore to sit up."

"Well you just relax and lay down then, I will help you with everything during your recovery." I said, trying to cheer her up from her distress and pain. She smiled at me, and started to drift off to sleep again. I rubbed her shoulder gently and sat in a chair next to her, getting comfy.

~~~~~~~~~

Chantel's point of view

It felt like floating through space, no gravity holding me anywhere, drifting through darkness, until a light shone through in the distance. I tried to swim through the air towards it but a sharp pain ripped through my stomach. I suppose in dreams you can't forget reality completely.

The light however, seemed to be coming towards me. As it got closer I realized it was a section of time playing out in front of me, but I couldn't quite tell where it was at. It looked like a battle, and I realized and gasped. It was the battle about to take place between the Frost Giants and us Asgardians, I could tell from all the armor. But there was someone else there. Some other species there unknown to me.

Unfortunately, I was now in this battle because I looked down and I was wearing Asgardian battle armor, and the strange, huge man was walking quickly towards me. Weapons like arrows, swords, and spears just bounced right off of him, he didn't need any armor. He grabbed me by my neck and lifted me up to his eye level, at least 7 feet up. He didn't say anything, but rather turned to Thor who had noticed and was running frantically towards me. The man taunted Thor by tossing me around still by my neck.

The mysterious man leaned close to my ear and menacingly growl-whispered, "Soon, very soon, I will have you."

I jolted awake, gasping for air, looking for someone to confide in about this terrifying news. I saw Thor stirring in his chair, slowly coming back to consciousness. As I waited for him to fully wake up, I took this time to calm myself to an at least seemingly normal state.

Thor seemed to have now realized that I was up, and he rushed over to my bed side, showering me with kisses and I missed you's and all these kinds of affections. I was too much in my shocked phase to acknowledge these completely I guess.

It took Thor a couple minutes before he realized I wasn't really responding back, and he sat beside me on the bed.

"Chantel, what's wrong, do you not realize my joy? That you were dead in and out for two weeks?" Thor asked me innocently. Things always had to get complicated, didn't they.

"Yes Thor, I do, but there is a matter of utmost importance I must speak with you, Odin, and Frigga about."

Thor quickly arranged a meeting of sorts with his parents and us. When the four of us had sat down, I told them all about my vision into the future, and the message from the strange man.

"What did the man look like?" Odin asked, very concerned.

"Well, the memory is kind of slowly fading, but I remember he was immensely tall, muscular, and large, and his skin was a weird shade of purple. Oh, and he had this golden glove decorated with rounded jewels on top."

Everyone gasped at the end of my description, and I felt like I was missing something important.

"Does that mean you know who it is?" I asked, my question aimed at anyone really.

Thor answered my question, "Your description relates all back to an ancient god named Thanos. He comes from the moon Titan, of the planet Saturn. He has unequaled rage and power, and both become a dangerous mix. And to make matters worse, that glove he had on has been used to almost end the universe before, so this is a very bad sign."

"Well, we better start preparing twice as much, everyone who can fight should fight, everyone training, train twice as hard." I said, "Let's get to work."

Thor smiled, almost a proud smile. Well, I did just wake up from a two week coma with a terrifying revelation, and 15 minutes afterwards I'm ready to start training and planning again. You could say I had some pretty fearful motivation.

[A/N: Its been ages since I've updated, but I hope you like where the story is going, now there is going to be action. If you have suggestions, concerns, rants, approvals, whatever, please comment. And don't forget to vote I would really appreciate it! All of it gives me happiness that people are enjoying this, and gives me motivation to keep updating quicker, thank you everyone!]