Chapter 5: Here's to Us

Thor's point of view

I had woken up at about dawn as I usually do, but I hadn't wanted to wake up Chantel, who at the moment laid curled up against me, so I stayed put. I was formulating what we should do together today, mainly since I had been so awful to her basically everyday since I met her, until last night.

I got it! I thought to myself. I'll take her on a picnic in our most beautiful garden, with the best view of Asgard. She'll love it, I smiled inwardly, and I felt her start to stir next to me. She stretched and looked up while blinking out the bright rays of sunlight streaming through my window.

"Good morning beautiful," I said lightly to Chantel, and she smiled as she closed her eyes again and curled back up into me. I stroked her hair, and closed my eyes.

"Thor?" Chantel murmured.

"Yes my love, anything," I replied almost instantly.

"First of all, we have only been together a short time so cool your passion, and second of all, what are we going to do today? Because I wouldn't mind lounging around in bed all day."

"Well that is for me to know, and you to soon find out," I said with hint of gloating. Chantel moaned and rolled over, but she was laying on the edge of the bed, so she proceeded to roll of the bed with a yelp and a thud, followed by a groan.

I wormed over to the edge of the bed and laughed at Chantel, who was basically a lump of sheets on the ground seeing as she had taken most of the covers with her when she had fallen.

"Well, I am going to get dressed and go to breakfast, if you wish to come then I welcome it," I said, and got up and went to the restroom.

~~~~~

Chantel's point of view

The sheets were so comfy, but I knew I had to get up. And besides, I had something to actually look forward to today, Thor and his surprise.

I got up and realized that I was still wearing my red, flowing party dress from last night, oh well. I walked across the hall to my room and opened my closet to find something decent to wear. After about 10 minutes of sifting through my whole closet, I decided to settle for a slightly thin, but pretty, light pink thin-strapped dress that went down to about my knees, with a pair of gold heels to go with it. After I had changed, I pinned my hair to the side in some loose curls for the final touch.

When I came back into Thor's room he was waiting and was dressed in his usual armor attire.

Thor gasped. "Chantel you radiate beauty today." I blushed, and Thor took my arm and led me to the dining hall for breakfast.

"Thor, will you pleeeeaaaase tell me what your surprise is now?" I gave him my biggest puppy eyes that I could muster, but he seemed unmoved by my stare.

"I am sorry my love, but I cannot tell you yet, we will make our way towards the surprise after breakfast."

I saw Loki's head pop up immediately after Thor had called me 'my love,' and I just groaned. "Thor, you already have pet names going and it's been what, a night? I see it's going well." I rolled my eyes and Thor and I kept eating.

When Thor had finished eating the equivalent of, oh, let's say about an elephant's worth of food, we left the table and Thor guided me to a small path just outside of the palace. It twisted through the whole of Frigga's garden, some of the village, and sprawled around a large lake until it reached a large, grassy hill.

Thor and I walked all along this path, smelling the wafting scents of the flowers, and chatting with some of the villagers. As we got to the tall hill, Thor told me to hold on tight as he grabbed me and used Mjolnir to soar up the side of the hill until we reached the top.