3. Deal

I had an idea of what he might be offering but I push it down in my mind. He couldn't possibly give that to me. He's powerful and had a grip on the wizarding world, sure. But is he powerful enough to do this?

"Freedom...?"

"I know your mother is confined in the manor. I can free her."

The world stops.

"No... no it's not possible. They've already decided, haven't they? You can't change their decision that easily."

He shook his head slowly.

"I can prove she helped me. They won't question why I decided to say so late after the war."

I look down.

"You think they'd still listen to you after this?"

He looked straight at me as I asked that, I can feel it. I look up to him. He looks up now, his lips pursed. He knows the answer, but didn't know how to say it to me.

"They can say in the papers they hate me, and still... er- ... respect? Fear? I know that they'll still serve me everything on a golden platter and still despise my lifestyle. Purely because I saved them from the greatest dark wizard of all time."

He says rather awkwardly.

"If you can do so much as that... how do you know they'll hate you after knowing you dated a bloke?"

"Oh, they'll hardly care if I dated a bloke. I think there'd be more cameras in my face."

"Your point?"

I say, getting impatient.

"I'm just saying, I'd need to date someone who contributed in destroying half of the wizarding world for them to truly hate me."

I grimanced to that.

"How can I trust you'll really help my mother?"

He raised his eyebrows slightly, not enough movement for anyone to notice.

"I can vow myself to you for the sake of it."

My eyes widen slightly. I was looking and analyzing his face for anything, how he could be maybe lying, but nothing of his face gave anything away.

"...Alright."

He raised an eyebrow.

"You'll do it?"

I pulled on my collar. Already regretting my decision.

"Yes."

He comes closer. A lot closer. He held out his hand. I look at him, then tearing it to look in his eyes. A familiar gleam in his eyes. I shook his hands, mine becoming a little bit shaky. He closed his eyes as the yellow string bond our hands together with a slither feel.

His hands were callused. It felt harsh on my skin. But his hand stays the type that'd look fairly well manicured. He opens his eyes, and we part our hands. His eyes didn't have that same spark it had long time ago. Now his eyes remained sullen and tired.

We've been over this. I've seen this story before.

"We have a deal."

I nod once.

"I'm not sure how to do this. I need you to tell me what to do and lead me on this."

"Thought so. We'll start slow. Talking fondly in the corridors, stairs while it moves to different people. The news will spread."

I shrug.

"I can start with that."

"Good."

He turned and went. Leaving me alone in the tower, I stayed. I sat on the cold floor yet again. My mind making up some images that might line up with the stars. I stayed that way for a few hours.

Harry's POV:

I entered the Gryffindor dorms and plopped myself onto the couch of the common room. Ron comes down the stairs, tripping over some stuff on the floor.

"Harry! Where have you been? It's late. If Flich saw you-"

"He didn't see me."

He narrowed his eyes.

"I'm aware. But mind telling me where you've been?"

I sigh. It's now or never. We're starting the whole charade tomorrow anyway.

"I was at the astronomy tower with Malfoy. I invited him earlier."

He looks at me, shocked with his mouth open. I push it close.

"I think I'm half asleep, will you say it again?"

"It's true. I wanted to do something that involved him."

He seems to be out of that trance. He looks at me with furrowed brows.

"What on earth could Malfoy possibly have that you want? He'll destory your life from even being seen with him!"

"That's what I want! I want his... shit of a reputation."

He stares. Long enough for me to start feeling concious of my face.

"Mate..."

"I know, I know. It's stupid. But I really need the Prophet off my back."

"You know it will make worse. There's better ways to do this."

"It will work. Me snogging Malfoy will at least change their mind about me."

"At least. The cameras will be worse Harry, you know that. If you go on with it, it'll just be another hot topic of gossip."

Ron had a point. He's trying his best to dissuade me of this idea, but I've already set my mind on it. And the promise. I'm a man of my word. I won't just break a promise like that. It doesn't matter who Malfoy is to me.

"You can't change my mind, Ron. It's too late. I've already made the deal with Malfoy. We're doing it and that's that. Yes, for sometime, it will worsen. But after, it will die down and I'm sure they'll leave me alone. This scandal is too much to keep it up, even for the Chosen One."

Ron sighs.

"I suppose you're right. I'm in it with you mate. I'll try to support you every step of the way, you can count on me for that. I'm not sure how Hermione will think about this though. I'm sure she'll be livid. Not about you dating Malfoy, she'll be mad at the fact you didn't tell her earlier. "

I laugh softly.

"I'm sure. She'll be utterly shocked I'm already smashing my face onto Malfoy's the second day in school. And not smashing as in violent, but rather... sexual. The other thing, wouldn't be surprising."

"Wouldn't be surprising, indeed."

Ron leans into the couch with an amused scoff. That night, we talked about my conversation with Malfoy, my plan, though the 'plan' is not thoroughly thought of. I just figured to go with the flow. Try to seem like I fancy Malfoy. I don't know what I'd do to show that.

Because not a bone in my body would want to show any sort of affection for him. And I certainly don't want it escalating further into such as kissing. I shudder to that thought. All talk about snogging him, but wishes not to. how much of a hypocrite can I be?

Ron greets me goodnight and went upstairs to his bed. I stayed for a while, staring into the dancing flames of fire. I have to mentally get ready for what's going to happen tomorrow.