16. Mates

"Oh." Was all I uttered.

It's a realistic theory. It may not even be a theory at all, it's very Blaise to think so. Despite knowing how I hate human affection or physical touch on this matter, he still thought that Potter out of all people would be an exception. I suppose people in relationships are intimate like that.

I was deep in my thoughts, thinking of how else I can keep up with the charade with minimal touching when I suddenly picked up on Potter's words.

"Wait. Does the weasel know about this... arrangement?" I ask, waiting for an answer. Potter was searching through his cupboard, and stopped for a moment to answer me.

"Weasley. Yes he does. Is that a problem?" He asks me with a slight edge on his voice. I assume it's a warning.

"No... not at all. If it means I could tell some of my close classmates then it's not a problem."

Right as I said that, he closes his cupboard with his clothes on his arm.

"Absolutely not. I know who you have in mind and it's a no. They are sure to open their mouths."

Who does he think he is, controlling me? Confining me? Does he think he knows me so well? What does he know about my confidant? "How is it fair that you get to tell your mates and I don't?"

Potter sighs. "Life isn't fair Malfoy, you've proven that to me time and time again. And not that it's any of your business, but I've only told one person." He says finally then going to the bathroom. Me?

I proved that? He's the bloody Boy Who Lived! And the amount of luck he has is absurd and he says that? I sat on my bed, pouting. He's so dumb. He's ugly, he stinks and he's a psychopath.

I have no idea how long I'll have to pretend we're smitten with each other, but just these past few weeks I've been dreading every single of seeing his face on the daily. Let alone actually having to talk to him.

I groaned loudly, and gathered my stuff to get ready to meet some friends. Thankfully we got drunk on a weekend. We woke up ridiculously late and it would take a big toll on my perfect attendence. I waited for Potter to get out from bathrom and he did shortly after.

Without saying a word or looking each other in the eyes, we ignored each other's presence and passed by each other. I took quite a long time to get ready and by the time I exit the bathroom, I peaked my head out and Potter was nowhere to be seen.

Which was convient, as I'm literally half naked. I dressed myself and styled my hair as always. I took my sweet time, savouring the amount of time I get to spend by myself. After I've tend to my necessities, I went out the room. As closed the door behind me, Pansy was seen running up the stairs to me.

She trips a little bit, guessing from her hangover. After she composed herself, she faced me, with a wide smile.

"Hey lover." She mocks. "It's pretty late... and with Potter already gone I wonder what was it that caused you to wake up so late. It's not like you at all."

She says suggestively, leaning onto me. I roll my eyes. I debated whether or not I should scream in her ear.

"It was because of your party I've woken up late. Not to mention your hooligans feeding me alcohol non-stop."

She hums, looking up. "I'm not taking your word for it. Anyway, me and Blaise are going to Hogsmeade for some drinks. Are you coming?" I gave it some thought. I figured it's a nice day. And I have nothing else to do, so why not?

Doesn't hurt to tease her a little bit. "You still have a hangover and you want more drinks to make it worse?" She sticks her tongue out. "Don't be a party pooper! I'm not even going to drink anyway. It's just somewhere to go for fun."

I give her a knowing look. She will drink anyway. "Fine. But I'm not drinking." She smiles then nodding. She pulls my arm enthusiastically, all the way outside. She finally lets go. We ended up not going to a bar at all. We were walking while having a conversation, Blaise being immensely embarrassed by yesterday's unfortunate dares.

"Oh it's wasn't that bad." I said while holding a big smirk. He rolls his eyes, shooting me a look I know all too well. "Wipe that smirk off your face. It was so bad. I will not attend to any of your parties anymore Pans."

She giggles while eating ice cream. "You say that, but will partake in future parties anyway."

He mocks a confused look, looking up and around. "Remind me again why you're eating ice cream on a cold day? Are you an ice queen? Because you are very cold, woman."

He says that last sentence with sarcasm. She bobs her head left and right, insinuating she's not hearing a word he says. I give a small smile. The smile eventually falls as I see Potter and his friends walking by with cups in their hand. Presumably hot; why do I care?

I can see Pansy looking at me. It doesn't take a genius man to know she's biting her tongue from calling him over. Blaise on the other hand, does it for her. Seeing as how she's speaking with her eyes. He turns around. "Oi, Potter!" Damn it.

He looks behind, so did his friends. Everyone here has a grudge on me or what? Potter and his friends walks closer. Pansy practically looks giddy. "Do you want to join us? We're heading to look for clothes for school." Potter looks at me.

"No thanks... we're going elsewhere so...." Thank you for not being stupid this time. I give him a slight nod. Blaise tilts his head. "You guys can go later, no? Come on, I think it's fair that I want to get to know who my best friend's fucking- I mean dating." He holds a sneaky grin. My eyes widen to that comment. You dumb arse! Fucking twat!

"I mean, yeah I've bullied you a year back and your face is literally on the papers every week, but still. It's truly a wonder what Draco sees in you after all these years." I nudged his arm sharply.