14. T or D

We got out of the room together. Malfoy exits first and just as I close the door behind me, we hear Parkinson's voice calling out to us.

"Ah! Our special guests, my favourite couple of the century has finally decided to join us! What took you both so long?"

She raises an eyebrow and smirked suggestively. Malfoy doesn't pay her any mind, assuming he's giving her a nasty look as we speak. We both went down, there was a lot of people sitting, circling around each other which confused me. What is this? A ritual? A sacrifice?

"I see you're intrigued with my circle of damnation, Potter."

She smiles in delight, it's scary. What? Circle of what? Me and Malfoy stood awkwardly, looking at each other. I whisper to him;

"She's your friend. What is she planning?"

He shakes his head slightly.

"I'm not sure. Whatever plan she's cooked up, I was not included nor was I aware."

He whispers back. Parkinson tilts her head.

"Enough of sweet whispers. Come and join our circle."

We join her 'circle of damnation'. We both sat on a love seat, which was way too tight with little space for my liking. Even I can sense his discomfort, wringgling around.

"Put your legs on my lap."

I say to him quietly. He looks at me disgust and shakes his head. I give him a look. He rolls his eyes and obliged. He adjusts himself, his back on the armrest and resting his legs on my lap. I rest my arms over his leg. He flinched at the move at first, but he settled in.

The other people are either on the couch, or on the other love seat and the others on the floor. There are also people who come and go, to cater their friends from the homebar. I guess it's an obvious option to keep the alcohol there, instead of what it's meant for; snacks.

I can see Ron and Hermione of the floor, Hermione's head rested on his shoulder. Clearly, they're drunk. Maybe not to a point they're both unconscious.

"Everyone's here had a shot or two. You two should down at least one to keep yourselves going."

Parkinson says pointing her hand at us, and right on que, somebody hands us two shot glasses. I took it both from him, and handed one to Malfoy.

"Cheers."

Malfoy says dryly, clinking his glass with mine. I tilt my head for a moment then raise my eyebrows to ready myself. I throw my head back after downing the glass. I notice Malfoy's eyes lingering on my neck for a moment. Just for a moment. Then, his eyes are elsewhere.

"Right. Good. Now... time for a game. A game of truth or dare."

She giggles to herself. Oh, I'm sure this will fuel her fun. Everyone else cheers drunkenly, excitement clearly showing.

"Alright, alright. It's a classic game. To start a new of our united houses! We are one, for the first time in history."

Parkinson keeps talking. It's boring me.

"So let's start with you... truth or dare?"

She points at a Hufflepuff. Hannah Abbott. She looks around shyly.

"Truth."

She manages to muster out. Parkinson is in deep thought.

"Have you ever went to second base with anyone around this circle?"

She asks. Abbott's face flushed. Parkinson's smile widened. Abbott nodded yes.

"Wow! I absolutely did not expect that."

She teases her, and it was Abbott's turn to choose someone to give a dare or truth. She looks around before finally landing on Zabini. Parkinson is excited. I look over to Malfoy, and his head is already resting on the armrest, watching the people participate.

"Dare."

Zabini's face tunes in. I look over again. Abbott smiles and responds with:

"I dare you to do a silly dance in the circle for a minute."

She laughs and Zabini rolls his eyes.

"Seriously?! I'm a Slytherinfor Salazar's sake."

He exclaimed.

"This will surely tarnish my reputation."

He says quietly then shakes his head and followed with the dare anyway. He continues to make hilarious dances that I would not expect Blaise Zabini to do. He's such a serious person, it's hard to imagine him doing dances like that. I laugh to myself. Not necessarily too loud.

Malfoy cracks up a smile, watching him. After the timer's gone off, he sits back down on the couch along with Pansy Parkinson and other Slytherin. Zabini's turn.

"I choose... Potter. I see you laughing there. I'd like to see you smile once I've given you whichever choice you choose."

He looks at me seriously. I look at Malfoy and his eyebrows were raised.

"I choose... dare?"

I have too many secrets that surely Zabini would want me to reveal. And I'm not talking about this sham of a relationship. There are more secrets burdens me that's worth lives. Zabini looks pleased to hear I've chosen dare. Oh Merlin.

"I dare you... to snog Draco Malfoy right in the centre for two full minutes."

Everyone cheers loudly, breaking the silent streak. I look to Malfoy, eyes wide. He holds the same reaction as mine.

"Come on, Blaise. Pansy said you two would lay off me and my... relationship."

Malfoy tries to reason with him. Pansy is suddenly awake from a daze.

"I said no such thing! I said I would lay off. And I also didn't say until when so..."

Malfoy grunts. I took a deep breath. He lifts his leg off of me. I stood and went to the centre of the circle. Malfoy follows me. We both went to our knees. Someone hands us another glass of shots. We cheered silently and downed on it.

"Are you ready?"

I whisper to him. Everyone is silent now, paying close attention. He nods once. I took note of his flushed face, fueled by alcohol and this insanity. My eyes went from his eyes to his lips. We were so close. We were not one more inch further than 2 inches from each other.

I leaned in first. My eyebrows were furrowed. He kisses me back, his hands went to my arm for stability. Somehow my hands got to his cheeks, pulling him closer slowly. We both made muffled sounds. Sounds of... desperation.

I had flashbacks to the time we kissed as someone took a picture. How I pinned him onto the wall. When my hands roamed his body for just a few minutes until we stopped.

The timer goes off.