9. Greenhouse

"Stop talking about me being turned on!"

He whispers quite loudly closely to me, not wanting anyone to see how pissed he is. My body turns to his, and our chests slightly touch. I can head his breath shaking.

"You still haven't answered."

I whisper, almost forgetting that I'm doing this for the audience, and not for the sake of my amusement. His lips pursed. He looks at my lips for a split moment, I can see his eyes drifting.

He backs away.

"If you're so hell-bent on getting an answer, then it's a no! People will look at you and turn dry as sand."

He huffs and walks away to put the ingredients on the long wooden tables. Other people are discreetly looking at us. Being strangely attentive to our every move. It's unnerving. I walk up behind him and placed my arms around his shoulders.

Automatically, his hand went to grip one of my arm and I feel him stiffen. The class fell silent. I place my head on his shoulder to look at his face. He's looking ahead, his lips slightly parted. He's shocked and finds it hard to conceal it.

"Are you sure? I mean. You don't really mean that, do you?"

I whisper teasingly, right into his ear. His eyes shot to mine, his head turning. Our noses touch. I hear his breath quiver. I give him a small smile. Suddenly everyone fades to nothing. His eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes are hiding his emotions from me.

He looks a little calmer after a few seconds, settling into my hold. His hands that are gripping my arms loosened. How badly I want capture this on camera. Me, Harry Potter, being so snuggly with Draco Malfoy. How humorous. It's incredibly laughable.

I wouldn't have thought beyond my years that I'd stoop this low.

He tilts his head, only slightly as he looks at my lips. His eyes were back on mine, and by the look in his eyes, he knows what I'm thinking. His eyes drifts back to my lips. He kisses my cheek, right on the corner of my lips gently. I'm stunned, my smile fades. Everyone gasps. My eyes widen.

"I'm pretty fucking sure."

He says harshly, but barely a whisper. Everyone gaped at our moment. I finally look around the class with wide eyes, and even Miss Pamona is looking with mix of fascination and shock. I can feel Malfoy's gaze on me. It's almost disgusting. I look back into his eyes. He's observing me to see how I react. Like an animal.

"Mr. Potter and Mr. Malfoy. I do not wish to see your affections here, please for the love of Merlin keep it between you two."

Miss Pamona says in contempt. I force out a genuine smile as I break the contact. I almost jump off him. He turns around almost immediately, leaning on the table with his arms crossed.

Miss Pamona cleared her throat while looking disturbed.

"Kids, come along now. Let's focus on what we're planting."

She says, averting her gaze elsewhere. I took a deep breath and went about with my day, planting plants with Malfoy out of all things. We argued about a lot of things, but we try to keep it tolerable, just to keep up an appearance that we don't really hate each other.

Boy was that a reach.

He thinks he's right about everything! Albeit in most situations of academics, it's obvious his knowledge extends, but he's so bloody arrogant and such a show off!

Another professor comes from the door.

"Good afternoon Miss Pamona. I'm here to inform that Professor Minerva requires all 8th years in the Great Hall."

Miss Pamona nods slowly.

"Alright. Thank you Flitwick."

Mr. Flitwick gave her a nod and closed the door behind him.

"Students, you may be dismissed. And before that, I want all of you to clean up whatever mess you've made. Since you're getting out early, might as well. Mr. Potter can be relieved of the punishment and... go on whatever he has got going on."

The students groaned. I look over at Malfoy the same time his head shifts over to me. Both of us are asking the same thing mentally. Why were the 8th years needed? There is no reason I could think of. Malfoy broke the eye contact and went to cleaning up.

He mutters something I cannot fathom.

"Speak up, Malfoy."

He paused, and made a low snarling sound.

"I said, your lazy arse is useless here. Should've just skipped and made everyone happy."

I furrow my brows.

"You mean, making you happy. If I did skip class, then nobody would've seen you kissing me."

I say condescendingly. He turns to me with his eyes warning me.

"That wasn't a kiss. You wish it was."

I look at him disgustedly.

"I wish? You know what I wish? Going back to the time I hexed you in that bloody bathroom. I should've finished you off."

I snarled. He looks at me in contempt and fury. He huffs.

"Oh, you do huh? What, does it get your knickers in a twist seeing me all breathless?"

He smirks and it took all of my willpower not to turn him into a ferret again. He talks too much. I grip my wand, so hard my knuckles probably turned white.

"Okay kids! Enough chit-chatting. I don't want the Professor to wait, so out! All of you!"

Miss Pamona saves Malfoy from my fit of rage. Malfoy still looks at me like he wants to bite my head off. I took a breath and walked past Malfoy. All of us went the the Great Hall, sitting in each houses. Professor Minerva was already waiting. But she's surprisingly alone.

Usually, other professors are here to witness announcements.

"Students. You need not sit at separate houses. I want everyone to sit in the Hufflepuff's table please."

She announces, gesturing to the table right infront of her. Everyone's visibly confused. Even I am. We sit suspiciously on the Hufflepuff's table. Ron nudges me, and gives me a look. I shake my head. I have no idea.

I've only noticed Malfoy comes through the door with others.

He's confused on why everyone's at the Hufflepuff's table but doesn't question it. I've saved a seat for him, though not wanting to be in close proximity. He grudgingly sits next to me. We don't talk nor acknowledge each other.