6. Conversations

"Well, students! Let's get to work. Enough slacking. Now that you're in 8th year, you'll need to pay close attention. You'll learn valuable lessons, which will then be helpful for both your exams and after you've finished school."

She said. She writes on the chalkboard. I try to snatch back my arm, but Potter grabbed it back. I look at him curiously. He was looking at the board, oblivious. I try to pull free my hand again, he still has a hold of it.

"Why aren't you letting me get off you?"

I whisper so close to his ear, I can smell the cologne he sprays on his upper neck. It was so intoxicating. It's like 6th year all over again when I thought I was going crazy for smelling him wherever I went. 

"Shh. I want to get her attention."

He gestures to the professor. He grins slightly. I groan softly and rolled my eyes. He just wants to infuriate me. The professor walks table to table to take notice of the student's work. I take a deep breath. She walks to our table holding a confused gaze.

"Now what is this?"

She asks in a curious tone. She eyes our arms, tangled. Potter break free, acting guilty and nervous that she 'found out' about our discreet affection. 

"Oh. Er."

He exclaimed. He was good at acting, I'll give him that. I mentally scream at myself. I'm so annoyed, it's not even funny. She released a sound, 'hm.' And looked  at our parchments. She nods in approval and walked away.

I yank my arm away, relieved at the loss of the other's embrace. I focus on my work now, not acknowledging him. And I thank mentally he went as if nothing happened. I create a distance between us by pulling my chair away from him.

It wasn't too far. I scooted away just by a few inches or so. It's better then being too close for my own comfort. He looks at me, quizzed. He tilts his head slightly. I furrowed my eyebrows. He bends slightly to pull my chair back closer to him.

"W-wait!"

My chair screeched loudly as it went closer, one hand, the back of it in contact of my chest and the other gripping on the chair to maintain my stability. The whole class turned to us. He stopped when our arms touch. I look around.

"Mr. Potter."

The teacher speaks loudly. I was 100% sure my face was pink from all the blushing. Potter looks at her like he's innocent. I can see the faint smirk.

"Yes?"

I stayed quiet while the students passed down whispers. The professor narrowed her eyes in warning. Potter raised his eyebrows in ignorance. She sighs.

"Please reserve... whatever you've got going on elsewhere. Continue with your work."

She says finally. He hides his smile. I stayed still.

"Malfoy?"

He nudges my arm. I turn to him, and he's closer than I'd like.

"Seriously, Potter?"

I push his chest slightly, to create a distance. He doesn't move. He still holds a small smile seeing me all worked up. I tilt my head away.

"You're blushing, aren't you?"

Aggravating me.

"You just had to put me in a spot like that didn't you?"

I say, ignoring his statement. He shrugs.

"Malfoy, you'll always be put in a spot if we're going to do this. Its the deal."

He mentions the deal again.

"And when will you hold your end of the deal?!"

I try to keep myself quiet while saying that.

"I will. When I've achieved what I want. If I do it now, you won't continue this. I know you, Malfoy. You're a snake. You're a Slytherin. You betray people. I'm not taking any chances."

He says that undoubtedly, and it quiets me down. He turns back to his quill. I turn to mine without saying a word as well. I guess that was a reality check.

"I thought it was going to start with conversations in corridors."

I mumble. He caught it, of course.

"It was. I decided to, maybe, speed the process up a bit. Take it up a notch. We can get this over with faster."

After the class finishes, he gets up from his table abruptly, leaving me alone and walked straight to the door. I purposely put my things away slowly. And as the class is empty, I took my cue to get out of there for my next class.

As the day go on, I start feeling more conscious. People were staring at me, and whispering more than usual. My friends weren't around, I'm guessing they had their own business. But eyes are prying my every move, it's scary.

I went up to the Slytherin dorms as the day was over. I was relieved. I'm betting not many students will be up there considering I have a free period before classes were done for the day. As I enter the password, the dorms were absolutely empty.

It was almost impossible for it to be completely empty.

So I assumed there was some sort of... accurance. Party, or something like that. But I was grateful I was alone at last. No more prying eyes. I take the bag's strap off my shoulders and plopped it to the ground. I took off my cloak and went straight to the dorm's bathroom.

After having a warm shower, I felt better. It felt like washing off everything down in a drain. I walked out with a towel hanging around my waist, while rubbing my hair with a small silk towel. I entered the dorms, and yet there was not a single student there. It's rare, truly. I'm not complaining at all. I hear some distinct whispers.

It was supposed to be empty, is there someone here that I've missed?

With no attempt to put clothes on, I try to hear what they're whispering.

"Harry Potter has been hanging out with- with him?! But that's impossible!"

The hushed whispers were not such whispers anymore. They were barely trying to keep their voice down. I hear a 'shh!', the other keeps hushing.

"Keep it down, will you?! And yes. I think they might be doing more then just hanging out..."