6

everyone was at the chateau, just hanging out. jj was making himself a sandwich. kie was playing the ukulele. john b was reading dad's journal for some reason and i was doing nothing. i looked over and saw pope was outside, leaning against the tree.

i got up and walked outside to pope. i know he's upset about rafe which i am too. i made my way over to him and stood there for a few seconds before i started talking.

"are you okay" i said

"just a couple bruises not bad" he said trying to be chill about it but i can tell it's hurting him. i looked over at him and wrapped my arms around him. he wrapped his arms on my shoulder since he is taller than me

"look i'm not rafe but i am apologizing. i'm sorry he did this to you pope. i don't know what's gotten into him. he was literally fine this morning"

"this morning? did you see him this morning?" pope asked

"i uh um i kind of slept with him" i said and he made a disgusted face

"i thought he changed pope. was it wrong for me to believe he actually changed?

"no, you're just a loving person y/n. you see the good in people which is why you're always fun to be around. you care about other people but you should start caring about yourself. if you think rafe changed then go for it you know" he said.

i gave him a light smile. "thanks pope" i said and squeezed him.

"it's so weird being back and things change. my dad is sober and clean which is good so he doesn't take his anger out on me. and rafe changed..kind of" i said laughing. pope laughed with me.

"things did change but obx is better now that you're back" he said. i elbowed him and smiled.

"if rafe cameron does anything to you, just let me know" i started to laugh a little

"i'm being serious"

" i know. i know. i'm just waiting for jj to say it to me now"

"come on, let's go back inside" we both walked in the house

"pizza?" jj said

we all nodded and jj ordered pizza. soon enough the pizza man came and dropped off two boxes of pizzas.

"we feast"

we all dug into the pizza box and devoured to food. we all ate pizza and just talked about good old times.

"i feel like i'm gonna be in a food coma" i said after finishing the pizza

"i'm taking a nap in your room jj" i said and got up

"go for it y/n"

jj's bed was so comfortable which is why i would come up with any excuses to sleep in jj's bed.

-

i woke up to quiet and darkness. i checked my phone and saw text messages from rafe and sarah. i was about to respond to rafe and then i remembered he just beat up one of my beat friend.

i walked out of the room and saw jj only.

"where is everyone" i asked. jj turned around

"good morning sunshine" jj said with a smile. i laughed and sat next to him.

"just me and you. everyone left"

"even john b? isn't this his house"

jj, john b & i have been friends for a long time. they were like my brothers growing up. i would do anything for them and they would do anything for me. both of them are very overprotective about me.

"so you and rafe cameron?" he asked breaking the silence.

"if you told me that two years ago, i would call you crazy" i said. "do you love him?" jj asked. i shrugged.

"i don't know jj but you know what i do know" i said. jj looked at me.

"i know that no matter what, no one can replace you and john b" i said.

"that's my girl" jj said and put his arm on my shoulder.

"you got any girls in mind maybank?"

"no, not this time"

"it's okay. i will always be here for you"

"come on! let's go get some food" i said and dragged jj out with me.

jj and i walked around obx for awhile and wanted to stop by the wreck to see kie. we entered the wreck and there was like no one here

"hello" we said and sat down at the bar area

"how can i help you two"

"got any ice cream?" i asked

"no"

"bummer summer"

-

hours passed and it was me, jj and kie just hanging out at the wreck. it was getting late but it wasn't like we had anywhere to go.

i checked my phone and saw more text messages

rafe:
come over
i miss you
y/n where r u

dad:
are you coming home tonight? haven't seen you in awhile

i replied to my dad but didn't know what to say to rafe.

"i gotta go home. my dad hasn't seen me ever since i got here and i think he's worried" i said laughing.

"your car is at the chateau" jj reminded me.

"come on. i'll walk you back" jj said.

jj and i said bye to kie and made it back to the chateau. i hopped in my jeep and said goodbye to jj.

i drove back home and saw my dad's motorcycle so i knew he was home.

i walked in and saw some beer bottles.

"what the heck" i whispered. i thought he was sober. i looked around and saw my dad was holding a beer bottle in his hand, passed out on the couch.

i took the beer bottle out of his hand and put a blanket on him which woke him up.

"y/n your home" he said. i gave him a light smile.

"and you're drinking again?" i said. he looked down to see his beer bottles.

"i just had a couple bottles nothing else" he said. i didn't say anything, instead i just went to my room.

a part of me doesn't want to be home right now because my dad is drinking again but where do i go? i literally said bye to jj and i don't want to go to sarah if it means i have to pass rafe.

i decided to just stay in my room and lock the door. all i can think about now is rafe and why he would do something like this. i want him to tell me if it was worth it.