12

i've been getting ready, doing my hair, makeup and picking an outfit while listening to some doja to make me feel like a bad bitch. i ended up finding a cute light green romper i had in my closet. i don't really know if it's mine or one of the girls but i just put it on.

"y/n?" i heard rafe shout from outside. he's here already?

"just one second" i replied while putting on my shoes and putting on lipgloss. i was finally ready, took one good look before i walked outside. i put thumbs up as if anyone was with me. i walked out my door and saw the back of rafes head.

rafe heard me walking and he turned around. we both gasped when we saw each other, he looked so good. he was just wearing a white button up shirt like midsummers except without the suit. he was wearing dress pants and some nice dress shoes.

"wow" he gasped staring at me as i walked up to him

"you look good" we both said at the same time

"come on, can't miss our reservation" he put out his arm for me to grab and i did

"reservations where?"

"it's a surprise" rafe walked me over to the car, probably wards or topper. he opened the door for me and gave me a smile before i got in the car. he closed the door for me and walked over to his side. he got in and started driving to wherever he wanted to take me

we ended up at a fancy restaurant in figure eight. everything about this place was so fancy, the floor, table, and the people. we walked in the restaurant and rafe got greeted by the hostess.

"rafe cameron?" she looked down at her tablet and found our table

"right this way" we both followed her to our table which was all the way in the back. it feels like a vip table because it was a table with some nice privacy for rafe and i.

"thank you" rafe and i said to the hostess. the table was a small table. i sat down in front of rafe while in shocked about the restaurant.

"what are you thinking about" i looked back at rafe

"what do you mean" i said

"what is on your mind y/n"

"that i am the luckiest girl ever and that i love you"

he just smirked at me and he got a phone call. he checked his phone debating if he should answer it. "hold on, it's my dad" i gave him a small smile. rafe looked upset at whatever his dad is saying to him.

"i'll pay you back" rafe looked like he was about to cry but i didn't want to say anything about it. rafe has a love hate relationship with his dad and just hates rose. "i gotta go, i'm busy" he ended the call and brought his full attention to me

"you okay?" i asked and grabbed his hand on the table

"yup, let's just have us time now" i nodded and shrugged off whatever he had going on with his dad. rafe and i have our own problems that we haven't told each other yet which does upset me a little because i want to know everything about him.

but i can't do that in return, i can't tell rafe about the gold we're looking for. eventually our food came it, it was italian food which is my favorite. it was fancy and rich here, i felt out of place.

"when you're not with me, what does rafe cameron do on his free time" i asked him

"out doing business"

"business?" i asked

"i don't know, i just do my own thing. either with topper, kelce, barry or my dad"