(Chapter 5)

It's been a while since I last posted a chapter for this story, and I apologize for the lack of updates but like I've told people I'm not doing very well. I know most of you don't care but.. Yeah you don't car. It's kind of hard to find the will to write at the moment.. So I'm still sorry. I'm sick so I decided I would work on this..

This chapter isn't something I'm proud of and it'll be kinda short.. So again, i'm sorry.. Just not feeling very up to making this long and good. So yeah..  But yanno.. Here it is..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Third floor." The nurse said, sympathy in her voice. The tan boy nodded and ran towards the stairs, wanting to get there faster.

Zayn swore he could hear his heart in his ears. Beating quickly but everything seemed like it was in slow motion. He was running down the hospital hallway but it seemed like he was barely walking. The people passed by him slowly. He took in a deep breath and blinked once then twice then repeated it again.

Then it hit him like a bus and he was zoned back in, running down the hallway breathing deeply. He hadn't been able to breath correctly since he got the call from his boyfriend's mother while he was in class half an hour ago.

"Zayn." Niall's mother, he couldn't remember her name, sobbed when she saw the boy she had seen so much the last few days. 

"Where is he?" Zayn looked around as if Niall was hiding in a corner. Maura shook her head, tears falling down her cheeks. He sucked in a breath and as if on time the doctor walked over, taking in a deep breath.

But as he started talking a curly haired boy ran in, eyes wide open, hair all over the place. His breathing was heavy as he panted as if he had ran the way here. Which now that Zayn thought about it, he proabably did.

"How is he? Where is he? Can I see him?!" Harry breathed out quickly, looking around like Zayn did with pleading eyes. As if he was about to beg Niall to come out and tel them all it was just some stupid joke, Zayn was hoping the same.

 "As I was about to tell Niall's mother. . . Niall just got out of surgery. He required this because he was not wearing his seat belt in the time of the accident and was thrown from the car after it rolled many times. Pieces of glass were everywhere. When some were removed more serious matters were exposed. But it's all taken care of now. He's in his room, sleeping." The doctor smiled tiredly and Maura let out a thankful breath.

"Other that.. He has a head wound, that required five stitches and a twisted wrist  But Niall is fine. It's truly a miracle this child isn't more seriously hurt. It could have been a lot worse." He finished and smiled again at the woman who seemed ready to cry.

"What room?" Zayn asked, looking around at the different rooms. Harry as if he just noticed he was there frowned and looked at him with a glare.

"Why are you here?" Harry hissed, still glaring. The woman of the group frowned at the two, confused as why they were glaring at each other.

"I'm Niall's best friend. After you broke Niall's heart I've been taking care of him." Harry frowned and met Zayn's eyes, feeling guilty at the mention of hurting Niall.

"That's not.." Harry was cut off with a cry of annoyance from his boyfriend's mother.

"Both of you, I don't care what's going on. What room doctor?" Maura asked again and the doctor looked away from the glaring boys.

"315." He said quickly before walking away. As soon as the number was said Zayn took off down the hall, eyes flickering between room numbers before he stopped infront of 315. He chewed on his lip and went to open the door when a nurse came out.

"He's asking for a Zayn?" She raised an eyebrow at him and he nodded, pushing past her and moving into the room. He could hear Niall's mother and Harry following him but he focused on the boy he was in love with.

His heart ached seeing Niall hooked up to the machines and he stepped forward, walking over to him and brushing the hair out of his face.

"Ni?" The blonde sniffled and looked up, making Zayn wince. His head had the stitches as the doctor said as well as bruises all over him. He looked like..  He'd been hit by a bus. Zayn mentally rolled his eyes at himself. He did.

"Hey.. How are you feeling?" Zayn asked soothingly and Niall just whimpered, reaching up to connect their lips only to see Harry in the room and he stopped.

"What.. What's he doing here?" He asked weakly, voice breaking as he did. Harry flinched and stepped toward him, tears falling. 

"It was just a friend kiss. He helped me and I.. Was thanking him." Harry whispered, kissing Niall's head softly.

"Helped you?" Niall asked, tilting his head to the side only to wince in pain.

"Yeah.. Niall Horan.." He started off, taking a box out of his pocket and looking up at Niall nervously who gasped when he opened it.

"It's not an engagement ring. I know it's too early for that now.. But it's more like a promise ring. I want to show you that I'm yours forever. I will always belong to you. Not Nick. He's only a friend." Niall wasn't stupid. 

He could tell Harry was being honest.. Mostly. But he'd seen the way Harry was looking at Nick. He sighed and bit his lip hard.

"I'm in love with Zayn." His mother choked on the water she was currently sipping on and Harry stood up quickly, patting her back with tears in his eyes.

"But I love you too. I.. I know it's wrong. But I'm trying here.. It's just hard to.. I know you both probably hate me. But I'm tired of lying. Honestly, I'm just tired of everything. I just need to take a break. So I'm thinking of going back to Ireland and spending the rest of the school year there. While I think through things." Niall cleared his throat.

Zayn stepped forward, anger in his eyes, and now that Niall looked Harry seemed to have the same expression.

He winced, ready for the lectures he was about to be given. Zayn sucked in a breath first..

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~

Another cliffhanger, I know! I'm just that awesome! Anyways, sorry again for the wait.. I hope you liked it!!Lemme know!!

Comment,vote,fan whatever!:)