Jeanne Rivers (mortal)

First chapter of my first fanfic! Hope you enjoy!

It's been 8 months since my friend Percy stopped coming to Goode. Nobody knows what happened to him, but after winter break he just didn't come to school. His stepdad, and my English teacher, Mr Blofis, wouldn't tell me anything about it, even though I'm practically Percy's best friend. I mean, I'd known him for the whole time he's gone here! Maybe I've had a little crush on him since then as well, but always had to compete with our friend Rachel. When she moved school, I thought I might have a chance! But nobody knows where Percy's gone.

—————————————————line break—————————————————

I hate to admit it, but I was kind of excited to go back to school after summer vacation. I'd done so much relaxing, I'd gotten bored, and let's not forget, I hadn't seen my friends all summer!

I made my way to my locker on the first day back, to be greeted excitedly by my friends, Katy, Jono, and Alex. We hugged and fist bumped and all that until Alex said something that made my heart jump.

"Percy's here. He's back! He's on his way over now, I saw him before. He's in the bathroom."

"Really?" I asked. "Where's he been?"

"We don't know." Said Jono, before Percy walked up behind him.

My heart began to race. You know that little crush on him I mentioned? It might not be so little anymore. Sure, he'd been pretty good looking before, but now... wow. His windswept black hair made it look like he'd just been in a hurricane, but it still looked adorable. His seen green eyes were gorgeous like before, but now there were layers of... experience? Burden? Behind them. He was tanned and muscular, but not in a gross way. And he was tall, and lean. I just... wow.

"Hey guys, how ya doing?" He said casually, as if we'd just caught up in the weekend.

"Percy!" I said, flustered.

"Hey Jeanne." He grinned at me

Katy and I hugged him, and I said, "Where have you been?"

"I was kidnapped!" He joked. (A/N Yep. Totally a joke...) "But, you know, family stuff." He made it obvious he didn't want to say any more.

We all did the usual, telling each other about our summer, until the bell rang. I had Gym with Percy and Jono first period, so we walked together and talked some more. Today was looking good.

—————————————————time skip—————————————————

It had only been one day, but I already knew that Percy and I were meant to be. We both like swimming (that was nothing new) and we both liked dumb jokes and mythology. We had all our classes together and it seemed like Percy was single. He hadn't mentioned any of his friends, except some Annabeth, who I had already heard of from when Percy was last at Goode. Back then he had said they were just friends, so I was pretty sure I had Percy to myself. And about twenty girls had asked Percy out and he'd turned them all down. He was obviously waiting for the right person to ask *cough* me *cough*. (A/N You haven't seen him in a year and it's been one day, stupid) So, here I am, walking out of the school gates with Percy, and I'm going to do it. I'm going to ask him out.

"Percy, are you free after school?"

"Huh? Sorry Jeanne, I'm just trying to find someone. I can't believe I haven't seen her yet today!" Percy muttered.

"Seen who?" I asked.

"My girlfriend. She just transferred here and we were planning to go to ca- I mean, a movie."

What? Did he just say girlfriend? No, no, no! Jeanne, remain calm, it's obviously a new thing. She probably didn't care as much as you did when he went missing. Just chill. You can at least still ask him.

"Jeanne?" I heard Percy say. "Anybody home?"

"Oh sorry, I just-" I was cut of by seeing someone run up to us. It was a girl with gorgeous curly blonde hair and stormy grey eyes. She was athletic looking and tanned. "Seaweed brain!" The girl exclaimed.

"What?" I said, but was cut off again by Percy saying the unthinkable. "Wise girl! About time I found you!" And with that, he gave her a massive hug, better than any friendly hug he's given me. 'Wise girl' kissed his cheek and said, "Sorry Perce. I got a bit lost. Now let's forget I said that, ok?"

I coughed into my fist. The blonde disentangled herself from Percy and looked at me. "Care to introduce your friend?" I said to Percy.

"Oh yeah! Annabeth, this is Jeanne. Jeanne, Annabeth. My girlfriend that I mentioned?" Percy explained.

My stomach dropped. "What?" I cried. "Are you serious? You have to be kidding me!"

"What's up Jeanne?" Annabelle (or whatever) asked me.

"Percy, you can do so much better than this dumb blonde! (A/N blondes are not dumb. Jeanne is dumb. Sorry to offend anyone 😬) Can't you tell I like you? We are meant to be!" I exclaimed.

"Seriously Jeanne?" Percy remarked. "You're gonna be like that? I thought you were a great friend to have around school until now. For your information, Annabeth is an intelligent and awesome girl. I don't think I'm meant to be with anyone except her"

"Oh yea?" I said, before kissing Percy on the lips. Or trying to anyway, but I was pushed away by none other than Percy's dumb girlfriend, Annabelle.

"Don't you dare." She said, looking at me with her intimidating eyes. "I wouldn't wanna get in my way."

"Sorry Jeanne, I have to go." Percy said sharply, and he and Annabelle walked of, hand in hand, leaving me behind.

I'm still pretty sure we're still meant to be, but I don't have my hopes up.

So, chapter 1. It was probably too long, so I'll try keep it shorter next time! I hope you liked it or at least didn't hate it. Tell me what you though of Jeanne and of course I'd love some feedback! Thanks for reading!