Ricky Little (mortal)

I'm finally updating! It's about time, sorry. Thank you all soooo much for 10k reads guys, it means a lot! (My friend pointed out that it could have just been 10k people who read it but hated it, because she's super nice and positive... but anyway thanks all the same!)

I have worked at this flash cinema in Manhattan for almost two months now and it's great. The perfect summer job for a seventeen year old guy. Why? Because whenever any girls come here for the classic movie first date, and get stood up by their companions, I swoop in and bam! One more number in my phone and one more girl to have cry on my lucky shoulder! You have to admit, it's a foolproof plan. Doesn't even have to be a first date, just any girl getting stood up.

I don't mind admitting that I'm what a girl would say was good-looking. Thanks to this, all I have to do is spot the girl and approach with caution and she's mine. I only go for hot girls, obviously, and trust me, I get plenty. Just the other night I got three numbers from one movie session! 

Tonight I thought I had hit the jackpot. A super pretty blonde was leaning against a pillar just next to the candy bar where I was working. She had gorgeous tanned legs and long, curly hair tied in a ponytail. She had either very natural or no makeup on and she was majorly hot. She'd been checking her watch and sighing for about ten minutes and she was holding two tickets.

I heard a cough and looked forward to see an impatient customer. It was a young guy with black messy hair (I have to admit, it did look good) who was slightly taller than me. He had a nice tan and a pretty good build. "Hey, man, you there?" he asked me, grinning. New York accent - he was from around here. I smiled and nodded, but this guy was kinda annoying me for some reason. 

"How can I help you?" I asked.

"Two ice-creams and a medium popcorn, thanks." He said and handed me a twenty.

"You gonna eat that yourself?" I asked. Just being friendly while I got his change.

"Probably could, but no. My girlfriend's over there but she's probably getting impatient, I've been waiting in line for like ten minutes!" He answered. I chuckled and nodded, as you do, because I need this job. I counted out the guy's change and handed it to him. Suddenly my watch beeped. 

"Six o'clock! My shift's up. Enjoy the movie!" I said to the guy and hurried away - making a beeline for the lonely blonde.

"Hey babe. Date didn't work out?" I asked her softly, holding her wrist. She jerked her head up to look at me. She had these awesome grey eyes and her entire face was so kissable and I had never wanted a girl so bad. Hopefully this will be easy.

"Date's going fine, thanks." She replied, twisting her wrist strongly and quickly out of my hand and   nodding her head toward none other than the guy I had just served, who was balancing two ice-creams on top of his popcorn and looking at me incredulously. I smiled and stood awkwardly next to the blonde, who was smirking. 

"Hey, Annabeth, we should probably go in now, it's just past six." the guy said, before turning to me. "Uhhh... hi?" 

"Hi, um," I answered. Think fast, Ricky! 

"You friend here was just asking how the date was going!" Annabeth said, false brightly.

"Dude, why?" the guy said suspiciously. 

"I'm sorry man, but..." Think! "I didn't realise she was your girlfriend, it's not the same girl you showed me the picture of on your phone at school." Oh yes. Commence operation jealous break up. I am a genius.

Annabeth laughed. "You just suddenly appeared in you cinema-worker getup and Percy obviously has no idea who you are, and besides, Percy hasn't been... able... to attend school for the past eight months (A/N sorry if this is inaccurate!) so I doubt he'd have had any time to show anyone any pictures of any girls. He doesn't even have a phone. Head back to the candy bar, I'm not gonna be your eye candy."

Percy's turn to speak up. "You said your shift was over? Time to go home, dude. Better luck next time. Just go for a girl who doesn't mind being grabbed at by some stranger and you'll be set!"

I must say I was a little overwhelmed. I'd never been sprung with a 'the girl is taken by a good-looking and sassy boyfriend and she can serve you in two seconds flat' situation before. 

"Are you gonna leave or...?" Annabeth muttered.

What was I supposed to do? I turned and left.

Percy said something like "If I had a dollar for every time that happened..."

"You'd be able to afford all the blue candy in the world!" Annabeth laughed. 

It's all good though. Still got like 46 numbers in my phone for a situation just like this.

Bleh. This chapter was kinda boring. I swear I'm gonna improve, I just need to read some percabeth fanfic myself and I'll be back in the game! Hope you enjoyed anyway. Thanks for 350 votes and all the reads!