Jessie Oteria (Mortal)

Time for some Frazel, and since SoN is my favourite in the HoO series, I'm doing the Frank x Hazel x Percy friendship.

Also, I just looked at the 'Let's See How Far We've Come' comic by Viria and I ACTUALLY SOBBED LIKE IT PULLED MY HEARTSTRINGS TO THE BREAKING POINT... ANYWayyy... on with the story!

It started of as a little crush - a ridiculous crush. Frank was big and muscly and regal, with his crop-cut hair and chiselled jaw, and I was a short, skinny girl with long brown hair and brown eyes. I was usually confident, but you know the way it is with crushes, it's hard to hold onto that confidence.

So pretty soon, the little crush wasn't little anymore and whenever Frank was nearby I got a head rush. Even though everyone thought I was a bit weird for liking him, as he kept to himself and was so much bigger than me, but I couldn't help it - I really liked him. I was one of few people at our school who could say we were friends (kind of), we shared almost every class and hung out occasionally at lunchtimes.

I knew that he liked the book The Art of War by Sun Tzu, and that he didn't see his father often, but had 'a family' at his summer camp.

His summer camp was more like a year-round thing, but he said he came to school to 'try it out'. I have no idea what he meant by that, because who gets a choice on going to school? I wish I could go to his summer camp with him, because then maybe we'd get some bonding time and who knows what might happen? I'd daydreamed of a kiss between us for a long time.

One day, I was in the mall. Yes, I was alone. As well as me being one of Frank's few friends at school, he was one of my... three... friends. Because of this, I was wandering aimlessly around the mall, with a tub of frozen yoghurt, which Frank can't eat because he's lactose intolerant. See? I know so much about him!

I was looking down at my phone screen, as I usually did when alone, and by chance, I glanced upwards quickly and saw none other than Frank Zhang! What was he doing here? I'll be honest, I was kind of upset that he didn't invite me to go with him.

He had on some short, sneakers and a red hoodie. He was with two others - a pretty, but quite young looking, African American girl with cinnamon brown hair. I usually wouldn't be able to see eye colour from the distance I was from the group, but hers shone gold. She had on jeans, a purple t-shirt, and an unzipped white hoodie.

The other person with them was tall, still an inch or two shorter than Frank, and muscular in a lean kind of way. He had black hair that was ruffled in a cute way. His eyes also shone - a bright sea-green. He wore an orange t-shirt, denim shorts cuffed at the knee, and jandals. He was perfectly tanned - Summer had only just begun?

I stood, working out Frank's friends. They were obviously all friends, good friends by the way they were acting, and maybe the new girl and boy went out?

The boy had his arms around Frank and gold-eyes girl and they were all laughing quite hard. They seemed to be talking about 'it being good to finally relax and know we're covered', which was an odd thing to talk about.

They were so close now I was surprised Frank hadn't noticed me. Finally I approached him and his friends, and simply said, "Hey Frank! Who are these guys?"

He and his friends looked at me, and tan boy said, "Are you a friend of Frank's from school or something?"

Gold eyes kicked him swiftly and said, "Duh, Percy. She's not from camp, is she?"

Frank chuckled and looked at me, answering, "Hey Jessie, good to see you. This is my friend Percy, and my girlfriend Hazel!"

Percy poked his tongue out and did silly little kiss faces, which made me laugh, until I did a double take.

I stared at Frank in shock - girlfriend? I spoke before I could think. "How old is she?" I blurted in disgust.

Hazel frowned and crossed her arms. "'She' is thirteen and right here."

I looked at Frank questioningly. "Since when did you have a child for a girlfriend? Why didn't you tell me? Can't you tell that I, someone your age, likes you?" I said. I probably shouldn't have. All three of them balled their fists, and Percy muttered, "Seriously? Zhang, you have an interesting friend."

Frank nodded and looked at me, grabbing Hazel's hand. "Child? Hazel is obviously more mature than you, she actually loves me and acts on it, unlike you, and she's also apparently better at choosing friends than me too!"

Percy nodded, then blinked. "Hey!"

Frank smiled and rolled his eyes. "Not you though, Percy."

I considered running off while he was distracted (yes, I would do that), but he returned his stare to me, and said something that ruined my day. "I won't be at school on Monday, Jessie. My trial was not a success."

What the actual heck? Who says stuff like that?

"Whatever. Your friends are weirdos anyway."

"Go away, Jessie. My friends are not weird!" Frank scowled at me, annoyed.

Huh. I always thought of Frank as super nice, but I guess insulting his girlfriend, and friend, was the last straw.

Percy did a 'shoo' gesture, and I walked away, trying to be calm, but it was kind of hard. I looked behind me and saw Hazel kissing Frank's cheek, and heard Percy saying, "Wow guys, you're taking this to the next level!" which was apparently hilarious judging by how much Frank and Hazel blushed and laughed.

Needless to say, Frank wasn't at school on Monday, but I'll never forget him, his pretty girlfriend, and his funny friend. I guess it was a ridiculous crush.

I wrote this in a hurry, I might edit it later! I hoped you enjoyed it, and THANKS FOR 400 READS! I'm so excited!