Jasmine (nymph)

Oh my gods, 500 votes! Thanks you so much readers, you're all amazing and I'm glad you're enjoying my fic! Remember, I am obviously not Rick Riordan and Percy, Annabeth, Juniper, CHB etc. do not belong to me - only the OC's do.

DISCLAIMER ABOUT THE CHAPTER: If the kind of tree/bush she is (Jasmine) wouldn't actually be at CHB or is inaccurate then tell me and I can easily change a few things.

Also it might be long - like, really long- due to the plot I have planned. Who knows, I haven't written it yet.

Being a nymph is a pretty easy life. Sure, we get the odd bush fire or aphid epidemic but we just keep calm and collected and we get by just fine. Especially at Camp Half Blood, where, in a major emergency, we can call in help. Yeah, they sometimes bring in a battle or a monster as a prank but in a world of gods and monsters, we're about as safe as you can be.

I personally make my home in a Jasmine bush. It's pretty, smells amazing, and my bush is quite close to a babbling little stream. I attend nymph parties and go swimming with my friends Juniper and Pine. I help campers (particularly the Demeter kids) with whatever I can and I pick flowers and make dresses. I'm also learning kung fu, just saying...

Like I said, the (very) occasional monster attack is inevitable. The campers think it's funny to summon monsters into the forest and freak out all the poor defenceless nymphs, and one of the demigods is called to the rescue. Today was one of the worst. I was with my friend Juniper, and we were minding our own business, when three huge hellhounds suddenly rampaged through the forest, snapping enormous branches on trees and splashing water from the creek everywhere. Juniper leapt to her feet immediately.

"I'll go get Grover!" She cried.

"What's he going to do? Besides, he's off finding demigods in Colorado, remember? Go find Percy or Nico. Or an Athena kid, or something!"

Juniper nodded and raced off, and I melted into my jasmine bush for safety. Soon she was back with Percy Jackson in tow. I hadn't encountered Percy very much but all the nymphs loved him because he was humble and sweet. And hot. Let's not water it down. I watched him race up the the hellhounds - this lean yet muscular guy who seemed to have no fear in a kind of idiotic/heroic (it's the same thing really, isn't it...) way. I watched him battle it fiercely. He was obviously watching for a weakness. Watching Percy fight was a fascinating process. He had turned two hellhounds to dust already and only one - a very strong and large looking one - remained.

Suddenly, the hellhound lashed out a great black paw and scratched Percy across they chest. I could see blood pouring from the wound. Percy yelled and slashed his sword, chopping off the dog's nose and dissolving him into dust. He then waded into the stream and closed his eyes, and just like that, most of the cuts healed. One deep one in the centre, however, did not. Percy cursed under his breath in Ancient Greek and heaved himself along. He put a small cap on his sword, and it shrunk. He tucked the small object into his pocket.

I stepped out of my tree. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Water normally heals me. It must be... ahhhh..." Percy grimaced. "It must be a deep cut."

He looked up at me. "You're a friend of Juniper's, aren't you?"

Juniper stepped out of the juniper. "Come on Percy, not the time for small talk. Let's get you to the infirmary."

"I'm fine!" Percy protested.

"No you aren't, idiot." Juniper said.

"Whatever."

Juniper grabbed one of Percy's arms and I grabbed the other. Percy groaned. "That kinda stings." He said.

"You'll be fine. You just need some nectar and ambrosia. I know you've had way worse." Juniper said. She was very good at calming people down.