Henry Mills (demigod)

Two demigods in a row! Anyone recognise the name? (I'm only using the name, I won't base my character off him - mostly).

ANYWAY, firstly, sorry about not updating in almost a month! Secondly, thanks you so much for 20K reads, oh my gods, that's amazing! And thanks for 900 votes as well - nearly 1000! What???? Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter! It's sort of short and more about this kid who's in awe of Percy...

Important note (that I added in later): I have an idea for the next chapter, but it's another demigod, so please comment on this little bit if you would mind that, or if you would rather I thought up an idea for a mortal chapter, then did the demigod idea.

I was reading a book of fairytales in my cabin before we left for breakfast when my half-sister, Belle, let out a high-pitched shriek. I whipped my head up and saw about three of my siblings, standing around Belle's bed, paralysed with fear. Curious, I slowly walked over to see what was so scary, and apparently, the rest of the Athena cabin had the same idea. I peeked over my brother, Malcolm's, shoulder and what I saw chilled me to the bone. A hairy tarantula sat on Belle's open maths textbook. Belle was hyperventilating and everyone who had come to look at the spider were either breathing heavily and flapping their arms or standing stock still. I was a part of the latter group.

Just then, our head of cabin, Annabeth, returned from the bathroom. She always went last so she could make sure we kept it clean. A few people slowly turned to face her.

"What is going on?" Annabeth asked.

Belle shrieked again. "Annabeth! It's on my arm!"

"What in Zeus' name are you..." Annabeth stopped in her tracks as she saw Belle's bed and gave a small scream. "STOLLS!" she yelled. And then again, after what seemed like an eternity. Unfortunately, nobody could hear her as by now, because everyone would already be a breakfast.

"Annabeth! What do I do?" Belle whimpered. The tarantula was very slowly making its way up to her shoulder.

"Calm down, everyone. I'm sure if we all work together, our problem will be solved." Annabeth said. I assumed she was trying to be calm. She turned to me. "Henry, can you run to the pavilion please and get Percy, or Piper, or somebody? Preferably Percy." Everyone rolled their eye at that last bit.

"Annabeth! Henry's only ten, that's a bit harsh. I- I'll do it." Malcolm said quietly.

"Right. Sorry." Annabeth said, putting her arm around me protectively. Malcolm was about to sprint away when someone knocked on the door. Malcolm sighed in relief. "Who is it?" Annabeth yelled.

"Percy. I was sent to find out why the most punctual cabin was fifteen minutes late for breakfast?"

"Percy! Thank the gods! Get in here right now!" Annabeth almost sobbed with relief. Almost.

The cabin door opened, and in walked Percy Jackson. He stared in confusion at the small crowd around Belle's bed. "What in Hades..." he muttered. He walked up to us, and his eyes landed on the spider than know sat just below Belle's shoulder. Percy sighed, mumbling "Stolls" under his breath, and simply picked the spider up and headed out the door. "Come to breakfast now, why don't you?" he called after him. 

"Get back here, Seaweed Brain!" Annabeth yelled out, watching Percy from the door, but he had already started to walk away. Briefly he dropped into the Hermes cabin and emerged with no tarantula. Then he turned to our cabin and gave a casual salute and a wink and walked to the dining pavilion. Once they were sure the spider was gone, the cabin came out of their state of alarm. A few of my siblings comforted Belle as we all walked to breakfast. Annabeth came to walk beside me. "Hey Henry. How are you feeling?" she asked.

"That was terrifying! Does it happen often?" I looked up at her. I was reasonably new - I came shortly after the giant war - so I wasn't very educated about the camp yet.

"Twice so far. I wouldn't worry about it, the Stolls think they're really funny."

"Oh, ok." I said. "What's going on with you and Percy?" I couldn't help asking.

Annabeth grinned. "He's my boyfriend. He's my idiot boyfriend."

"Oh." 

We arrived at the dining pavilion. Annabeth turned to the cabin. "Ok guys, just make your sacrifices and sit down. Act as normal as possible." Annabeth said quietly. We did just that.

After breakfast, Malcolm lead us back to our cabin as Annabeth stayed back to talk with Percy. I saw her go up to him and hug him, probably thanking him for his brave act this morning. Ok, I know my mother would hate this, but Percy seemed pretty admirable. I had heard stories about him (and other demigods) and what he had done for the camp. He was friendly and funny, yes, I had spoken to him before. I thought he was really cool and he was nice to me when he rescued me from monsters at our school instead of making fun of me for being so smart like everyone else. 

I turned back to see Annabeth and Percy kissing each other. In front of other people. Ew! I never wanted a girlfriend when I grew up.

Some might say I'm immature, to which I'd reply, hey, I'm only ten!

Our first activity of the day was, coincidentally, sword fighting with Percy for the younger half of the cabin. We met Annabeth and Percy there and, well, Percy was such a good sword fighter. Another reason I found to admire Percy - Athena wouldn't be happy. But Percy was a really good sword fighter. So, it was reasonable.

After a quick talk, Percy put us into pairs to work on technique and since this was my first class I went with Annabeth. I watched out of the corner of my eye as Percy hacked a few dummies. Watching out of the corner of my eye meant my own fighting was terrible, but it was really interesting when Percy drenched himself with cool water from the fountain on the other side of the arena at a simple wave of the hand. 

After the lesson, Annabeth kissed Percy goodbye before he took his next class. Which was vile. Percy then continued to hack dummies, occasionally drinking some water he'd guided to his mouth - odd but cool to watch.

"Annabeth?" I said that night when we went to bed.

"Yes, Henry?" She answered.

"I want to be like Percy when I'm older." I stated.

"I think that's a pretty wise idea, Henry." Annabeth smiled.

"Except without a girlfriend. Ew." 

Annabeth just laughed. "Good night. Have a good sleep, Henry."

Hope you enjoyed it, and now for that annoying self-promo thing - if you could, check out and maybe even follow my fandom instagram? The username is persassyandco! Thanks :) Thanks for reading my fic as well!