Loreli Jones (mortal)

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, we've had heaps of essays and stuff due at school recently. So glad to finally be updating! Enjoy :)

I whipped the towel from the ground and shook the sand from it, stuffing it into my beach bag. I was at the beach for a day with my sister Ruth, my best friend Aimee and her little sister Ruby. We had just decided to head up to the beach store for an ice cream and so were packing up quickly. 

"Loreli!" Ruth tugged on my arm. "I want double scoop! I want triple scoop! Quadruple scoop! Please?" 

I laughed and shook my head. "I don't know if it would wise to give you that much sugar, Ruthie".

Ruth pouted and ran off, probably to complain about me to Ruby. I chuckled again and kept walking, straight into Aimee. I dropped my bag and my drink bottle and sunscreen rolled away. "Aimee! What are you doing?" I cried.

"Hot boy alert!" Aimee muttered. She was looking towards the waves, were two guys were standing with surfboards. One guy had short blonde hair and blue eyes, and was about and inch or less taller than the second guy. This guy had black, windswept hair and these gorgeous green eyes that looked like the ocean behind him. Guy One had quite a muscular body, and Guy Two was the same, just more lean. They both had nice tans, but Guy Two looked like he was born with it, born to be on the beach. Guy One not so much. There was no denying they were both hot.

"Holy sweet sugar iced tea!" I said, fanning myself. Aimee laughed at my innocent 'cussing'. 

"Cute, right? I call Blondie!" Aimee smiled.

"Good luck. But, you know, if we're gonna try this, then Green Eyes is mine!" I laughed, picking up my stuff and calling to Ruth and Ruby, telling them to go ahead.

We approached the guys, who were even hotter up close. Soon we were close enough to hear their conversation - which was a little odd.

"Come on, Jason, it'll be fun! I got you a board and everything, don't chicken out now!" Green Eyes said.

"Percy, the only reason you're this confident is because this is your domain! You're a good surfer! Me, not so much. What if your dad drowns me?" 'Jason' argued. Percy... that's a kinda odd name, sounds British or something.

"It's not like you to lack confidence, Lightning McQueen. Come on, I'll keep you up!" 'Percy' teased. Jason scowled.

"Fine, but if I die today I'm gonna kill you!" Jason said. Percy laughed. 

"The great Jason Grace, former Praetor of New Rome, afraid to go surfing. What has the world come to?" Percy shuddered mockingly.

"Shut up and teach me to surf, Aquaman." Jason muttered. Percy poked him with the tip of his surfboard, but before they could do anything, Aimee walked straight up to them and cleared her throat. They looked at her in confusion. I hit my palm to my forehead, and walked to stand next to Aimee. 

"Hey guys!" Aimee flirted. I could tell she was eying their shirtless-ness. Aimee was a nice girl, but when it came to boys she couldn't control herself. "Surfers? That's so hot! Mind giving me a lesson?" She winked.

I cringed. Tone it down a little, Aimee! I thought. 

The two boys looked at each other and rolled their eyes, like this had already happened a few times. Look at them, Loreli, of course this has already happened! I thought to myself. I found myself hoping I had a chance. Look at Percy! 

Percy was the first to say something. "Sure, I can give you guys a lesson if you have boards, but it's just a surfing lesson, right?" He said somewhat suspiciously. Aimee nodded, batting her eyelashes at Jason. He turned to Percy.