🍁 Alhaitham | Overdose

Synopsis: The peaceful night and radiating glow of the moon allowed you to lose yourself, releasing the unbearable emotions you hid behind a feeble mask. You did not expect that your meek cries would reach Alhaitham's ears, but he was perceptive to his surroundings.
Genre: Romance
Inspiration: Overdose - Natori

Solitude had never felt algid and bitter like it did now

Solitude had never felt algid and bitter like it did now. The dark whispers, mocking the weakness humans bear. Nonsense, nonsense, and more nonsense. Misanthropy was the greatest company available, its embrace leaving the body clutching in pain. Black stained the mind and heart, leaving them hollow and empty. Hoping for the helpless made you grip the fabric of your shirt, the creases folding jeeringly. With a wry smile, you turned to the mirror and whispered.

"How funny. How ironic. Reduced to nothing but crazed depravity." The chuckles the left your mouth might as well haunt people in the vicinity at how cold and dry it was. However, you paid it no mind.

Everything that you held had already slipped from your hands, and the words you made sure to take shape wavered at the scene ahead. His lips on another woman, hands slithering down her hips, and whispers that once belonged to you were freely given away. To a stranger nonetheless. Tears were no stranger to your cheeks, but the ones you shed bore bitter animosity and pain. It was your heart that bled profusely. Even when they had long dried, the necessity to escape the pain made you wish you could shed blood otherwise. The immeasurable pain left you stranded, unable to move on. He left, drifting off with the wind, crushing your kind being. Your soul died with his love, leaving a husk of a great person.

"I tried to move on, but he was the greatest nightmare that mirrored my biggest dream." You uttered in front of the mirror, defeated and exhausted. No matter how much you pick yourself, another part of you crumbles.

The memories you shared resurfaced once again. The subtle affections that made you feel high and helpless. It was love that you drank zealously. Those soft kisses, hands hovering over your small ones, and even the heat of your bodies pressed together, memories that you did not want to vomit and forget. All ended the moment he broke his promise. You could still remember the desire to know where everything went wrong.

"Was I not enough?" You mumbled, fiddling with your fingers. The fear that ate you for days came back, striking the courage you mustered to confront him. His piercing eyes glazed over your figure before striding to where you were. He tucked the loose hair that framed your delicate face and smiled.

"This is a blurred-out nightmare, Dear. You're drowning in love that was already soiled." His eyes spoke of his indifference. It struck you paralyzed, he was already over you, beyond your clutches. Your silent plea to take back his words was only met by deafening silence. Fate hit you with a painful jab, a reality that would take you years to overcome.

The man simply left the room, carrying with him the music of the safe haven you once held. The forlorn stature of your figure did not escape his eyes. He knew it was a fruitless relationship, and there should have been communication between you two, but he was a human. The desire for love, warmth, security and something new made him greedy. It was not his intention to let go, but there was no future between you two. He was a despicable monster, that he knew.