🍁 Tighnari | Over Panacean Lotuses

Synopsis: "I'm like a newborn fawn now, Tighnari, forced to face the world with a blank slate mind. Will you still love me as I am?" Fate gave him another chance, and Tighnari snatched it up in his hand. No matter what, he will not let go. Never again.
Genre: Slight Angst, Romance
A/N: This is the sequel to Charmolypi! Enjoy!

It was a lax noon in Sumeru, and by the god's favor, the garden beside the Akademiya was empty of students

It was a lax noon in Sumeru, and by the god's favor, the garden beside the Akademiya was empty of students. Only the sound of nature could be heard and appreciated, so much that it almost made you fall asleep if it was not for Alhaitham's constant reminder to finish your essay and research material. The soft glow on your wrist became your motivation against the drowsy tide that threatened to sweep you away. Suddenly, you felt a little mischievous and wanted to see the gray-haired male's reaction to it.

"Haitham, I finally found my fated." You giddily claimed, pulling your knees closer to your chest at the simple thought of his name and adorable appearance. Alhaitham, pulled out of his concentration on the book, raised his eyebrow at your words. He could see your eyes shine with infatuation and glee, making him curious about who could make you act like that. He was also skeptic that you might have just hit your head somewhere and was currently delusional.

Yeah, that could also be an option too.

"Why are you looking at me like a mental hospital escapee? Geez, way to give confidence to your cousin. But listen, he's from Amurta, and I heard that his peers often commend him for his academic records. He's an aloof guy, but I heard that he was not bad to hang out with. He doesn't like noisy places from what I heard, mostly because of his sensitive ears. He's got a sharp tongue, though." You rambled. Alhaitham could already feel a headache coming his way from the way you described your fated and how it seemed like you had fallen deeper than possible.

"I pity him then." He couldn't help but tease. A gasp left your lips at his audacity, immediately smacking his arm. You pouted and told him that you had great features that he would—scratch that, should love. You have a unique personality, are witty, knowledgeable on elements and machines, not to mention, you love cooking. What is there to dislike about you?

Alhaitham sighed and placed his right hand on your head, a way to calm you down. He advised you to get to know him more before fully giving yourself to the guy, to remain rational amidst the flurry of emotions you might experience. The prospect of you ending up in tears if this relationship were to fail did not bode well with him. Although he was blunt and rude most of the time, he was glad that you did not take everything to heart and strived to better understand him. You two were each other's anchor ever since your grandmother died, the only person who loved both of your eccentricities.

"I will! Don't worry. Should we go home and cook dinner? I bought a new recipe book in Port Ormos, and there's a dish I want you to try. I'd also like to test another item in your laboratory later. I think I'm nearing a breakthrough!" You exclaimed.