🍁 Cyno | Even The Smallest

Synopsis: Irrational? Stupid? Maybe, but a month without contact made you extremely lonely and insecure. The jealousy in your hearts whispered unwanted thoughts. How could Cyno assure you? Would he assure you?
Genre: Angst, Comfort, Romance

Mornings in the Avidya Forest were always a sight to see, and Tighnari never got tired of the ambiance that surrounded the village

Mornings in the Avidya Forest were always a sight to see, and Tighnari never got tired of the ambiance that surrounded the village. The rays of the sun that peered through the leaves and the smell of damp soil considering that it rained the day before, were some of the things he appreciated the most. Letting out a soft sigh, the Forest Watcher walked towards the rendezvous point of the forest rangers to deliver their tasks.

"Today is going to be a bit hectic, but I expect that you all know how to handle your missions. Nasrin, Shirin, I'll be stationing you near the falls below Sumeru City. There had been reports of an increase in aggressive fungi in the area, so it would be best to reduce the number and report the possible reason for such occurrence. As for—" Tighnari continued to distribute the tasks for the day with a casual reminder such as withering zone and poisonous plants in particular areas.

Although the Irminsul had been healed thanks to the Traveler, there had been a few ones left above ground. Tighnari proposed that it must have been due to leftover elemental traces from where the roots dissipated. It was backed up by your research on those areas and previous observations when the tree was still sick.

After deploying the rangers, he turned to the group he will be working with which consisted of you and Collei. The green-haired trainee shuffled uneasily, bearing a wryly smile while glancing at your sulking form. Tighnari raised an eyebrow at your behavior before flicking your forehead.

"Care to tell me why you're slouching like an old man on the ground, (Y/N)?" He inquired. You rubbed the pain away but did not answer him right away, opting to mumble your answer after the short silence. An irk mark appeared on his forehead.

"Stop mumbling like a child, you lummox." He countered.

"It's something personal, don't worry. I'll try not to let it distract me. Anyways, where are we heading today?" You diverged, a silent plea to save the topic for another time.

The fennec fox sighed before taking out his map. He had an inkling that it had something to do with your relationship, but it was not his business to mind if you were not willing to divulge it. Shaking his head, he pointed at the areas near Vimara Village and Molding Cavern. He informed you of the problems with irrigation experienced by the farmers as well as the lack of adequate sanitary water in the village. You hummed in thought, already noting the possible sources of the problem.

"There might have been problems with the pipe, and a piece of equipment must be malfunctioning inside the treatment facility. Let me just get Kaveh's design and cross-check it with mine. We can head in a few. By the way, are we going to scout for withering zones today too? I remember Collei mentioning that there had been two zones eliminated near Apam Woods recently." You voiced while writing notes on your pad.