🍁 Teyvat | Exuded Kindness

Synopsis: There will be frustrating moments in our life, but there are people who are willing to stay by our side. They may not express their love properly, but you are their sibling. They will always be there.
Genre: Slight Angst, Comfort, Siblings AU

⟡ Genre: Slight Angst, Comfort, Siblings AU

🍁 ALHAITHAM — VULTUR VOLANS

Noisy.

The crowd in the Akademiya and the House of Daena was too much for your liking. The students babbled about their research progress, distasteful rumors, and mockery of the weak. It was just like them to boast about everything, to be one step ahead of anyone. Their pride would not let them do so otherwise. This only added to the pressure and stress that had built up the past few days.

"Why can't they stay quiet for a moment? I just want to study on my own." You whimpered, hiding your visage under your brother's table at home.

Your professor's words swirled in your mind, and despite the desire to throw them away, you were not nonchalant about them as your brother, Alhaitham. In fact, you often took their words to heart as motivation to improve, but you could not lie. The excruciating comparison between you two perturbed you. They wished you to resemble him, but you always did the opposite because you were not the Scribe's shadow.

"I just want silence for a moment." You mumbled, closing your ears to the world. At this moment, you failed to sense the presence of the Scribe.

Alhaitham heard your words. He was dense or ignorant of the rumors floating between you two. He did not wish for you to follow his steps, and he was happy to see you strive independently. If silent solitude would grant you rest, then he would gladly respond to that.

Crouching down, he removed his soundproof earpieces and placed them on your own. You gasped in surprise but calmed down when you saw his stoic figure. There was nothing to hear, not even his voice, but you recognized the thumping of your heart. It was thundering, so you opted to take deep breaths. Soon, you felt serene. It was finally quiet.

"If you ever need silence, just come to me. I'll lend you those earpieces." Alhaitham offered. Although you could not hear his voice, his lips were readable. His unusual kindness estranged you, but the red tint on his ears revealed his sincerity. What an odd brother you had.