🍁 Zhongli | In Beloved Memories

Synopsis: "Under this night sky I dance...." Centuries after Guizhong's death, the Archon War, and Cataclysm, you opted to leave Liyue and travel the lands of Teyvat alone. Yet, nobody could escape the pull of fate. What awaits your pained soul as you return to Liyue once more?
Genre: Slight Angst, Fluff, Romance

 What awaits your pained soul as you return to Liyue once more?⟡ Genre: Slight Angst, Fluff, Romance

Longevity could be a blessing or a curse depending on a person's perspective on life. One had the opportunity to see and enjoy the world to its fullness, while on the other hand, it would mean watching those that you love fall into eternal slumber. Two sides of the same coin that could be flipped with a flick of the hand. Happiness, sadness, regrets, and fulfillment could be felt in one lifetime. Truly, longevity was one burden to carry.

Born as an illuminated beast, you were fortunate to meet the God of Contracts and the adepti under him. You did not sign a contract to serve Liyue, but you were kind enough to help them in times of need. Whether it would be to help shape the land, teach humans agriculture and mechanics, or fight monsters that tried to seize Old Liyue. You met countless important figures because of these, and you treasured every memory to heart.

Before the Archon War, Morax invited you to some tea with his friends. It was not the first time that he wished for your presence, but this time was different. He wanted to introduce two of the people, an adeptus and a goddess who were of the same interest as you. The curiosity to meet them overpowered your shy nature, so bearing gifts and wearing a beautiful yet convenient hanfu, you went to the said location.

Upon landing on the lake of Mt. Aocang, you glanced around to see a familiar silhouette. A series of footsteps to the right caught your attention, and you saw Morax in all his glory. The God of Contracts was, indeed, a handsome man that even you were not immune to his charms, but at this point, it was more of a seedling yet to blossom.

"(Y/N), you've finally arrived. I take that your journey here was smooth sailing?" He asked. You gave him a nod before materializing the food that you brought for your get-together. It consisted of Bamboo Shoot Soup, Qingce Stir Fry, Minty Meat Rolls, Lotus Crisps, and Padisarah Pudding which you learned from Sumeru. You heard a gasp from behind Morax and noticed a small figure with sleeves covering her lips. There was a noticeable glint in her eyes as she stare at the pudding. It made you lightly laugh at how adorable she looked.

"You will love the Padisarah Pudding. I'm sure that none of you have gone to visit Sumeru, so I brought one dish here that I enjoyed there. I am (Y/N), may I know your name?" You politely asked. The figure stepped from behind the tall male and gave you a closed-eye smile.

"Guizhong, my name is Guizhong. It is nice to finally meet you, (Y/N)!" She grinned, taking your hands in hers. Morax coughed out loud, making you two look at him in confusion. He sighed and stepped aside to show another person (or rather adepti in this case). He introduced her as Streetward Rambler whom you could call Ping.

Meeting the two was such a delight. Their brilliant minds allowed your creativity to rise and take hold. This gathering was the start of a bright friendship that you all cherished for life.