Chapter 4 - Smart and Smarter

"Douglas for the last time say out of my hair product!" I shout as I walk into the kitchen and make myself breakfast. "Can't you believe it, who does he think he is?" I complain to Marcus.

Marcus sighs and looks up from his tablet "Are you questioning my dad? I mean even with all those hair sprays that hair still does no justice"

I nod my head in agreement and open the fridge only to see no food "Really? does anyone in this house do groceries?"

"Hey, I just did last week." Marcus put his hand up in surrender "Not my fault that my dad ate it all" Marcus said as he shook his head.

Then Douglas come into the kitchen "Really son? I didn't create you so you could insult me."

I groan and take my bag "And I'm late for school" I said as I left the house.

I always walk from home to school, even though it takes almost 25 minutes but I don't complain as I like the morning walk. When I got to school, my day started as normal.

Now I'm in English class and the teacher just gave us some essay to write beside me is Chase as he has his phone out.

Look beside me at Chase "Aren't you gonna do your essay because if Mrs. Freyway sees you on the phone, you will get in trouble" I whisper at Chase as he put down his phone so he could look at me.

"First of I already did my essay like 10 minutes ago and second I'm entering for the Student of the Semester," he said proudly.

I chuckle thinking his joking but his face is serious and I my smile drops "Oh you're serious?" I said, "Why?" I added and made a face at him.

"Because I'm smart and people need to know that Chase Davenport is not only good-looking but he's the smartest person on the planet." Chase said proudly.

I chuckle "Chase you don't need to join that ridiculous competition just to prove to everyone you're smart, I mean you don't have to that competition is ridiculous," I told him and shake my head.

Now it's his time to chuckle at me "Oh Cami, my sweet dear Cami" he said as he put his hand on my shoulder "That Student of the Semester is far from ridiculous, It's a recognition when students walk past that cheesy picture they're gonna see me. The good-looking and the smartest men and they're gonna be like 'Oh how I wish I was that guy'" Chase said and then he smirked at me and went back to his phone.

I looked at him for a minute, and then the bell rang as everyone started to leave.

At the main hallway, I'm at my locker with Blair as we walk I saw Chase walk down the stairs he passed a card at random students.

"Blair, I love to hear more about the school's newest gossip but that Chase and I are gonna go to him, Bye," I told Blair as I walk to Chase.

"Vote for Chase for Student of the Semester. Here's my website, where you can peruse my platform, marvel at my skills, or even play a game of Chase trivia, where all the answers are about me." Chase said to a random student.

"Wow you're not kidding," I said when I was closer to him.

Chase smiled at me and handed me his business card "Hey Cami don't forget to vote for me" he said cheerfully "And of course, I'm not kidding, this Student of the Semester is really important to me"

I look at him and back at his card "Yeah, I figure" I said as I pointed to his card. "I can't believe you go all out that for the Student of the Semester," I said and Chase only smiled widely until he spotted his sibling and pulled me with him toward them.

"Hey! What do you think?" he said as he handed Leo his card and crossed his arms proudly.

"What do I think, or what's appropriate to say to your face?" Leo replies to his stepbrother. And Chase's smile dropped.