Chapter 7 - Dude, Where's My Lab?

Summer finally came but not for Douglas as he is busy for 'work and evil' he said it was not me.

And now I'm stuck in the house while Marcus and Douglas are off doing god knows what. They never told me anything and always gave the excuse that they wanted to protect me from all the evil and dangerous stuff.

I sigh and play with my phone. Me and Chase have been texting each other or more like flirting with each other. I like him now more as we have been spending more time with each other and he even had to take me out a couple of times but still he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend yet.

I look down at my phone when it's ding.

Chase: Sorry Cami, I can't go out this summer Mr. Davenport is keeping us inside for some Bionic chip maintenance.

Chase: But don't worry I will always thinking about you even if we can't hang out ;)

Cami: Aww, too bad I have nothing to do as my guardian is now with his son and I'm stuck here at home :(

Chase: Why don't you hang out with your friends?

Cami: Well, Blair is gone with her family on family vacations and Jace is Jace. And I don't have other friends.

Chase: I promise you Cami, that I will try to be quick so we can hang out.

Cami : Okay! no pressure cutie ;)

Cami: I was thinking of going to the beach today and maybe reading something. But if you are free you should come here and we can read together :)

Chase : Sound like my kind of fun >-< ;)

I silently laughed to myself as I got ready. I wore a cute bikini inside and put on some shorts and a cover-up. Before I go out I pack myself some snacks, water, money, a blanket to sit on, and 2 books that I want to read in my tote bag.

Walkout, I decide to ride my bicycle to the beach as it probably take me 20 minutes if I take the shortcut.

When I got there, I walked to the side of the beach where there are many rocks and I climbed on top of the rock so I could have views to the peoples.

I sit there pull out of my book, and start to read with the ocean sound in my ear.

After an hour the sun is above me as it starts to get hot and I pack all my stuff and head down so I can go inside an ice cream shop and buy myself an ice cream with a cold air-condition.

Then, my phone dinged and I checked who was texting me and smiled when I saw Chase's name.

Chase: Cami, you cannot believe this but I'm at the beach right now and there's a solar flare that is currently heading here right now. So now I'm stuck at the RV waiting for the right moment so we can launch a rocket and I'm bored :(

Cami: What?! There's a solar that's heading here?

Chase: Cami don't worry about it. Worry about me. Me! And I'm bored and stuck here in the RV.

Chase: Plus Mr. Davenport said that once we launch the rocket then we can have fun but for now no fun :(

Cami: Aww, poor baby. :(

I smile to myself as I decide to walk around the shop center near the beach. After a couple of minutes have passed I feel someone behind me as they close my eyes with their hand. I instantly grab their hand, twist it, and flip them over not knowing it is Chase.

Chase groans and I look down in shock.

"Oh god, Chase are you okay?" I ask as I help him get up "What were you thinking coming behind me like that." I said and looked at him worriedly.