Chapter 6 - Chip Switch

"Listen up, space-fillers! This is Emergency Preparedness Week. An emergency drill can happen at any time. So when the alarm sounds, you must evacuate the building in an orderly fashion—Like cattle, if cattle had acne... and braces... and a future filling up my gas tank." Principal Perry said as she laughed and walked away.

Look back at Blair's "great emergency drill." I said to Blair as I leaned on her locker.

"What with the attitude Cami, it's an emergency drill means there's a 50% chance that I won't be in math class," Blair said happily.

"Yea maybe want to lower it to 30%" I state.

Then I saw Caitlyn walk toward us and I tried not to run as I did told Blair that I'll try and be friends with Caitlyn.

"Hey guy!" Caitlyn said loudly.

"Hey Caitlyn." Blair greets her with a forced smile. I just nod my head at her and smile.

"So I was wondering if you want to go to the mall this weekend," Caitlyn said cheerfully.

Blair looks at me "Yeah we could love too"

My eyes wide as I look at her "Sorry, there's no we. I'm hanging out with Chase this weekend" I said as I denied the invitation.

Caitlyn looked at me in disappointment "Oh, maybe another time?" she asked me with a smile.

I look at her debating whether I should accept or not but then I look at Caitlyn's face I feel like maybe I should give her a chance "Maybe" I told her as walks away to my class.

After class, I was on my way to the main hall when I heard the fire alarm start ringing and I walked down the stairs when I heard Bree yell.

"Ah, my ears! Ahhh!!!" Bree yells.

I walk behind Adam and Chase when I hear Chase say "She's not used to my bionic hearing. I've conditioned myself to the bell. She hasn't."

I stop, bionic hearing? no, it can't be. I'm the only bionic.

Then Adam and Chase laugh "Remember when I was that stupid?" Chase said and I decided to hide on the opposite side of the staircase. Until I remember I had Invisibility and used my invisibility and walked closer to the sibling.

"Remain calm. I'll super-speed us out of here. Please keep your hands and legs inside at all times." Adam said to Bree "Whoa! Nope, Chase. You have to be at least this tall to ride the ride." Adam joked at Chase "You get it? 'Cause you're embarrassingly small. Oh! Wait, Speaking of embarrassingly small" he added and I almost chuckled at the comment. "where's Leo?" Adam ask.

"Bree, try to use my super-hearing to detect his voice." Chase said. Which makes me confused about what he meant by his.

"All I can hear is that stupid alarm!" Bree yell.

"Adam, use your heat vision to take out that alarm." Chase order Adam.

"Or you use my heat vision to take out the alarm." Adam state.

"Somebody just shoots something at something!" yells again.

Then I saw Chase fire his heat vision at the alarm and it rebounded and hit the elevator buttons. I gasped but quickly covered my mouth with my hand when Chase turned away and searched for the gasping sound.

"Nice going" Bree commented.

"Well, you try aiming a thousand-degree laser with your eyeball." Chase sarcasm at Bree.

"Oh, I will, if I can use your ears to aim it!" Adam replies as he grabs Chase's ears.

After that I hear Principal Perry's voice on the emergency phone "Hey, listen up, generation epic fail. It's your fearless, yet loveable leader, Principal Perry. I am stuck in the elevator. Repeat: I am stuck in the elevator! Again I am stuck in the elevator!!!" Principal Perry yells.