Chapter 9: The Gate

JULES POV:

"Eleven." Mike said "Mike" El said, got close to eachother and hugged "Is that.." Max said Lucas just nodded "I never gave up on you, I called you every night. Every night for--." Mike said "353 days. I heard" El said "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Mike asked "'Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper said, and came closer to El "The hell is this? Where you been?" Hopper asked El "Where have you been?" El asked Hopper, then they hugged "You've been hiding her?" I asked "You've been hiding this whole time!" Mike said, and pushed Hopper, then Hopper grabbed Mike by the collar "Hey! Let's talk. Alone." Hopper said, and they walked in to a empty room, at this point I didn't care about them I quickly hugged El tightly "I missed you so much..." I said, while my tears ran down my face "I missed you, too.." El replied, I pulled away from the hug "I'm really glad you're back" I said, then Dustin and Lucas hugged El "We missed you.." Lucas said "I missed you guys, too." El replied "We talked about you pretty much everyday." Dustin said while they pulled away from the hug and El looked at Dustin looking confused and touched his teeth "Teeth." El said "What?" Dustin replied "You have teeth." El said the three of us chuckled "Tou like theses pearls?" Dustin said then he purrs "Eleven?" Max said "Hey. Um, I'm Max." Max smiled and held out her hand "I've heard a lot about you." El just looked a Max, not shaking her hand and walked away and hugged Joyce "It's okay, Max. She just doesn't know you yet, but trust me, she'll come around." I said "Yeah, sure." Max replied.

------------

We all gathered at the kitchen
"It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs." Hopper said "Demo-dogs." Dustin corrected him "I'm sorry, what?" Hopper said "I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, sounds pretty badass--" Dustin got cut off by Hopper "How is this important right now?" Hopper said "It's not, I'm sorry." Dustin apologized "I can do it." El spoke. Everyone looked at her "You're not hearing me." Hopper replied "I'm hearing you. I can do it." El said "Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Mike said, I slowly realized what he was trying to say "I thought that was the whole point?" Max asked "It is, but if we're really right about this... I mean, if El closes the gate and kils the mind flayer's army..." Mike said "Will's a part of that army. Closing the gate will kill him." I said, we all looked at Joyce with a worried look. Joyce stand up and went to Will's room, we all followed her "He likes it cold." Joyce said looking at a open window "What?" Hopper asked "It's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold." Joyce said and closed the window "We keep giving it what it wants." Joyce said "If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..." Nancy said "Then we need to make the host uninhabitable." Johnathan said "So if he likes it cold..." Nancy said "Then we need to burn it out of him." Joyce said "We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time." Mike said "Yeah, somewhere far away." Dustin agreeing with him. Then Hopper suggests his cabin. Hopper carries Will out of bed and went out of the house and starting to walk him to Johnathan's car.

------------

We were on porch and Mike just finished talking to El, then I rushed to El and hugged her "Please be careful." I said in a shaky voice, El hugged me back "I will." El said in a soft voice, I pulled away from the hug "And fon't you dare get hurt, okay?" I said "I promise, I won't." El said and smiled "El, we gotta go." Hopper said and she walked away.

------------

MAX POV:

We were on the porch and Jules rushed to El and hugged her, I felt this jealousy feeling inside of me, kind of makes me want to be hugged by her like that..
Why am I feeling like this? It's not like I like her romantically, right?.....

------------

JULES POV:

I was helping Dustin getting everything out of the fridge to put the Demogorgon inside, moments later we got everything out of the fridge "All right. It should fit now." Dustin said, while Steve holding a dead Demogorgon like a baby "Is this really neccesarry?" Steve asked "Yes, it is, okay? This is a ground-breaking scientific discovery. We can't just bury it like some common mammal, okay? It's not a dog." I replied "All right, all right, all right. But you guys are explaining this to Mrs. Byers, all right?" Steve said, and tried to put the Demogorgon in "Christ. Help me out." Steve said "What am I supposed to do?" Dustin asked "Get the door, man, get the door." Steve replied "Okay, all right, got the door" Dustin said, I just got disgusted by the Demo-dog so I just walked away and went to the dining room where Mike was pacing "Mike, would you just stop already?" Lucas said "You weren't in there, okay, Lucas? That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs." Mike said "Demo-dogs!" Dustin corrected Mike, I rolled my eyes out of annoyance "The chief will take care of her." Lucas said "Like she needs protection." Max mumbled, then Steve walks in "Listen, dude, if a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?" Steve said "Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench." Mike replied "Right.. so my point is... Right, yeah, we're on the bench, so, uh, there's nothing we can do." Steve said "That's not entirely true." Dustin said, everyone looked at him confused "I mean, these Demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. When thay ran away from the bus, they were called away" He explained "So if we get their attention.." Lucas said "Maybe we can draw them away from the lab." Max said "Clear a path to the gate." Mike said "Yeah, and then we all die." Steve said "Well, that's one point of view." Dustin said "No, that's not a point of view, man. That's a fact." Steve replied, I heard Mike gasp "I got it!" He said and went to the kitchen and he knelt down in front of the fridge and pointed at one of Will's drawing "This is where chief dug his hole. This is our way into the tunnel. So.." Mike said and went to the living room pointed at what he called 'hub' "Here, right here. This is like a hub. So you got all the tunnels feeding in here. Maybe if we set this on fire.." He said "Oh, yeah? That's a no." Steve said but we ignored him "The mind flayer would call away his army." I said "They'd all come to stop us." Lucas said "Hey." Steve said "Then, we circle back to the exit." Mike said "Guys." Steve said "By the time they realize we're gone--" Mike got cut off "El woukd be at the gate." Max said "Hey. Hey! Hey!" Steve yelled while clapping his hands so he could get our attention "This is not happening." Steve said "But--" Mike got cut off "No, no, no, no, no. No buts. I promised I'd keep you shitheads safe, and that's exactley what I plan on doing. We're staying here. On the bench. And we're waiting for the starting team to do their job. Does everbody undestand that?" Steve said while his hands are on his waist "This isn't a stupid sports game!" Mike said "I said does everbody understand that? I need a 'yes'." Steve said but everybody stayed silent, but moments later we heard an engine revving, we went to check out the window "It's my brother... He can't know I'm here. He'll kill me. He'll kill us." Max said looking at me.