Chapter 3: The Case of the Missing Lifeguard

June, 30, 1985.

JULES POV:

We're currently in El's room, Max was singing, El and I was lookibg at a magazine. El looked at a magazine, where Ralph Macchio was in it. "Ohh, you found Ralph Macchio." I said, while I chuckle. Max stopped singing, and came closer to us. "Macchio?" El said. "Yeah, he's the Karate Kid." Max said. "Hai-yah!" Max said, and pretend to chope a board. "He's so hot, right?" Max asks. "I bet he's an amazing kisser, too." I said. "Hey, uhh..." Max said, and sat on the bed. "Is Mike a good kisser?" Max asks. "I don't know... He's my first boyfriend." El reply. "Ex-boyfriend." Max corrected her, and El's smile fade a little. "Hey, don't worry about it. Okay?" I told El. "He'll come crawing back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness." I told El. "I guarantee you, Mike is, like, totally wallowing in self-pity misery right now. His like, 'Oh, I hope she takes me back.' " Max mocks Mike, which made us laugh. "God, what I wouldn't give to see his stupid face." Max said, El became silent, and starts thinking. I looked at El. "What is it." I ask.

------------

El sat on the ground with the radio static crackling, she soon blind folds her self. Max and I sat on the bed. "Is this really gonna work?" Max asks. El just nodded. "Holy shit, this is insane." Max said in excitement. "Max." El said. "Yeah, quiet, I'm sorry." Max reply. El soon enough got in the void. "I see them." Max got off the bed, and sat in front of El, "What are they doing?" I ask El. "Eating." El reply. A few moments later she talks again. "They say we are 'species.' " El said. "What?" Max and I said at the same time.
" 'Emotion, not logic.' " El said. "What?" Max said. A few moments later, El took off the blind fold, and looked at both of  us. "What? What happend?" I ask El, then she giggles and layed down, and laughs "What?" Max said, while giggling. We soon also laughed, even though we don't know what happend. Then we heard a car approaching from outside the cabin, we figured it was Hopper. "Quick, pretend to read a magazine." I whispered. El quickly wipes her nose, and Max and El layed down on the floor and pretending to read. I'm still on the bed, so, I quickly grabbed a magazine, too, and started pretending to read. I didn't realized how I was on the edge of the bed. Then we heard a door slam. "Hey!... Hey!" We hear Hopper from outside of the room. "When I say three inches, three!--" Hopper said, and slams the door open. "JESUS! AHH!" I said, while falling down the bed. I knew Hopper was coming in, but I didn't expect for him to scare the shit out of me. "Do you knock? Jeez!" Max said. "Yeah! Jeez!" El said. "Ah, shit, that hurts." I said. "Ohh, hey." Hopper said, and looked at me. "Why are you lying like that on the floor?" Hopper asks me. "Because you scared the shit out of me! Hopper!" I said, while rubbing my head. "Ohh, I'm sorry. I thought that, uhh--" Hopper got cut off by Max. "Mike's not here." Max said. "Max and Jules wanted to have... a sleep-over. Is that... okay?" El asks Hopper, I finally stand up. Hopper looks at El and Max. "Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Does your parents know about?" Hopper asks Max. "Yup." Max reply. Hopper looks at me. "Does Steve know about this?" Hopper asks me. "Yeah." I replied. Hopper looks at them again. "Uh, yeah, it's cool. Yeah. That's-- That's really cool." Hopper said, while slurring. Then it became an awkward silence."Did you need something?" Max asks Hopper.
"No, no. Uh, I'll leave. I'll just let you... I'll leave you.." Hopper said, while closing the door.

------------

"Holy shit, I can't believe we're really doing this." Max said, while finishing writing Billy's name. "Ready?" Max asks El. "Ready." El replies, and spins the bottle. It stops on Mr. Wheeler. "Mr. Wheeler." Max and El said. "Ugh. Boring." Max said. "Yeah, boring." El said, and chuckles. "Spin again." Max told El. El was about to spin the bottle. "Against the rules?" El asks Max. "We make our own rules." Max said. They both chuckles. El spins the bottle, and it landed on Billy. "Billy." Max and El said. Max went and grab the radio, and the blindfold. "Okay, look, I should just warn you, if he's with a girl or doing something gross, just get out of there right away before you're scarred for life." Max told El. Max places the radio on the bed, and gave tge blindfold to El. "Max--" El got cut off by Max. "No, I'm just saying, I'm serious. He's really gross!" Max said. "Max!" El said. "Okay, shutting up now." Max said, and they both looked at me, and notices that I'm really quiet, and zoning out. "Jules?" Max asks, and I stopped zoning out, and looked at Max. "What?" I ask. "Nothing, you were zoning out... Is everything okay?" Max asks. "I-- I just don't think this is a good idea. I mean, invading peoples privacy seems wrong.."
I reply. "Hey, it's okay. We're just having fun. There's nothing wrong with that." Max told me, and smiles. I just smiled back and nodded as a response. El puts on her blindfold, and Max's tuning the radio to static. After a few moments later, El found him. "I found him." El said. "What's he doing?" Max asks. "I don't know..." El said, as her nose bleeds. "He's... on the floor... talking to someone." El said. A few moments later. El gasps and took off the blindfold. "What? What happend?" I ask, in a worried voice. "What is it? What happend?" Max asks, in a worried voice. El just looks at Max, still panting.