Chapter 2: The Mall Rats

June, 30, 1985.

JULES POV:

I'm outside of Max's house. "Come onnn, Jules. Just ride it for, like, five minutes and I'll leave you alone." Max said, she was trying to convince me to ride her skateboard. "Definetly not, Max. I'll probably just fall." I replied. "No, you won't. I'll hold you the entire time." Max said. "Come on, pleasee??" Max starts begging, I looked at her. "Fine, but just for five minutes." I said, Max squeals. "Ok, first, get one foot on the board." She said, I get one foot on the board, and Max holds my waist, for me to not fall. I try so hard not to blush. "Then, you kick your foot to move forward, then if you do that, lift the feet that's on the ground and, put in on the board." She instructed. "Okay." I replied. "I'll count to three, and when I say 'go.' You kick your feet to move forward, and I'll let you go." She said. "Okay." I replied. "One... Two... Three. Go!" She said, and I kicked my feet to move forward, after that I placed my feet on the board. "Holy shit!" I said, in shock. "You did it!" Max yelled, I got of the board and grabbed it, and gave it back to Max. we laughed. "I did it!" I said. "That was amazing!" Max said. "Thanks." I replied. "Now, how about you show me some tricks you know." I said. "I'll show you a trick that I've been learning. I'm not very good at it yet." She said. "That's okay." I replied, and she skated around first, before she does the trick, she tries to do it, and her board slides away, but somebody picked it up. It was El. "El?" I said, while I walk next to Max, and El walks towards us, El gives back Max's board. "Hi." El said. "Hi?" Max replied. "Can we talk?" El asks us. I looked at Max, and look away. "Uhm, sure. What is it about?" I ask. "Mike." El reply.

------------

We're in Max's room. "And then he said he-- he missed me." El said, while Max is pacing around, and I was sitting next to El on the bed. "And then he just hung up." El said. "He's a piece of shit." Max told El. "What?" El said. "Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick." Max said. "Jules, you've known Mike your whole life. What does he sounds like when he lie?" Max asks. "I guess, uhh. he sound nervous, and he stutters." I reply. "Did he sound nervous or did he stutter?" Max asks El. "Both." El reply. "Yup, he's definetly lying." I said. "I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now." Max said. "But friends don't lie." El reply. "Yeah, well, boyfriends lie. All the time." I said. Max sat down. "You're going to stop calling him. You're going to ignore his calls. As far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist." Max told El. "Doesn't exist?" El said. "He treated you like garbage. You're gonna treat him like garbage. Give him a taste of his own medicine." Max told El. "Give him the medicine." El reply. "Mm-hmm. And is he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself, Dump his ass." Max told El, Max and I stand up. "Come on." Max said, and I grabbed El's arm. "Where are we going?" El asks. "To have some fun." I told El. "There's more to life than stupid boys, you know?" Max told El.

------------

We got out of the bus. "So, what do you think?" I ask El, while she looks at the mall, and looked around. "Hey, what's wrong?" Max asks El. "Too many people... Against the rules." El reply. "Seriously? You have superpowers. What's the worst that could happen?" Max said, while she smiles at El. We soon went inside the mall, El looked around the mall. "So, what should we do first?" I ask, we both looked at El, who was still in shock by the mall. "You've never beem shopping before, have you?" Max said. El shakes her head as no. "Well, I guess we're just gonna have to try everything." I said. Max saw the Gap store. "Ohh. Come on." Max said, and grabbed El's hand and we ran towards the Gap store. We looked around the store, and El stared at the clothe that is displayed. "Do you like that?" I ask El, El looked at me. "How do I know... What I like?" She asks. "You just try things on. Until you find something that feels like you." Max said. "Like me?" El said. "Yeah, like you." I said. "Not Hopper. Not Mike. You." Max said. El smiles widely.

------------

El tried the clothes she wanted to wear, and looked at the mirror. Max hand her the yellow beret hat, and El tried it on, but put it in a wrong way, so, Max fixed it for her. El pulls her overall band and made it snap. We laughed. Soon enough, El found clothes that she likes. We paid for the clothes, and left the store. We next ran towards the Hash Studio. we went inside, and wore a costume, and started posing. "That's it girls. Okay, here we go." The man said, and took a picture. We posed differently, and the man took a picture, and it went over and over again. We left the studio, and went to the shoe store, and El wore heels and tried to walk. El was hold on to our hands for support, but still fall. We laughed are asses off so much the other girls started to roll their eyes at us. We still just laughed our asses off. We got out of the shoe store and found the girls who rolled their eyes at us. We hid behind the big ass pole, and El started to use her telekinetic power to make their drinks explode. And it did. We immediately ran, so, they couldn't find us, but again we laughed our asses off again. "See? What did we tell you? There's more to life than stupid boys!" Max said.

------------

We went to Scoops Ahoy to buy some ice cream. "Hey, Steve. Can we get uhh, Strawberry and... What do you guys want?" Max asks. "I'll have chocolate." I said. "Ok, what about you, El?" Max said. "Vanilla with sprinkles extra whipp cream." El said. "Ok, anything else?" Steve asks. "No that will be all." Max reply. "Ok, that'll be $11.61--" I cut off Steve. "How about family discount, and make it free?" I said, while I grin. "No." Steve reply. "Wha- come onn." I whine. "Pleaasee." I begged, I looked at Steve with puppy eyes. "Fine." He said. And gave us the ice creams. "Thanks!" I said, and we got out of Scoops Ahoy, we're about to get out of the mall and go to Hopper's cabin, we decided, we'd sleepover there, as we we're walking towards the door to exit the mall. I hear a familiar voice calling my name. "Jules?" We turned around, and it was my asshole of a ex-boyfriend... Nate. "Nate?" I said. "I didn't expect for you to be here." He said. I did not respond. "I uhh.. Listen, I've been meaning to talk to you.. so..." He said, and looked at Max and El. "Can we talk? Alone." He said. "Uhmm, no thanks."  I said, and turned around to continue walking, but Nate grabbed my arm. "Wha-- let go!" I said. "I just want to talk." Nate said. "Well, I don't want to, okay? Now let me go." I  said. "No. I only want to talk to you, bitch--" Nate got cut off by Max kicking his feet, Nate wasn't that tall, so, Max easily grabbed his collar, he groans in pain. "Listen, if I ever see you touching her, or talking to her again, I'm going to find your house, and I'm going to kick your ass. Do you understand?" Max said. "You wouldn't--" he got cut off by Max punching him in the face. He groans in pain again. "Okay, I'm going to ask you again. Do you understand?" Max said. "Yes, yes! I understand!" He said in a shaky voice. Max let go of his collar, and he immediately ran away. It was odd how people didn't care, or even stare at us. Max turned to me. "You okay?" Max asks "Yeah.. Thanks.." I reply, and we slowly grinned and laughed so much. "He looked like he was about to shit himself." I said, while I laugh, and we got out of the mall. Max turns her head to the side. "Oh, you've got to be shitting me." She said. El and I looked at the direction Max was looking, and we saw, Mike, Lucas, and Will. We walk towards them. "Isn't this a nice suprise." Max said. Mike dropped his bike and pointed at El. "What.. are you doing here." Mike said. "Shopping." El reply. "This is her new style." I said. "What do you think?" Max said. "What's wrong with you guys? You know she's not allowed to be here." Mike said. "Relax, Mike, there is no harm in taking El to a mall one time." I said. "Yeah, and what is she your little pet?" Max said. "Yeah... Am I your pet?" El asks. "What? No!" Mike reply. "Then why do you treat me like garbage?" El asks Mike. "What?"
Mike said. "You said Nana was sick." El reply. "She is!" Mike said, and looked at Lucas. "She is. She is sick!" Mike said. "Yeah, sick-- she's sick." Lucas said. "She's sick." Mike said. "She' s super sick! That's why... we're here, actually." Lucas said. "Yeah, yeah, we're shopping. Not for us, but for her, for Nana." Mike said. "For Nana!" Lucas said. "Also, we're here to get a gift... for you. Just, we couldn't find anything that suited you and I only have, like, $3.50, so it's hard." Mike said. "Super hard. It's-- It's expensive." Lucas said. "You lie." El told Mike. "Why do you lie?" El asks Mike, and she turned her head around, and looked back at Mike, and she slowly walks closer to him. "I dump your ass!" El told Mike. My jaw dropped to the ground. And turned around and walks towards the bus. Max and I followed her. And went inside the bus.

------------

Thats the end of chapter twooooo!