| 5 |

...

When Kanae cut off the woman's head, she thought that the demon woman's body would instantly disintegrate.

But it didn't happen; instead, several of the strands of hair were supporting the severed head of the demon, who was giving her a look of deep contempt, while her headless body stood awkwardly on a few strands of hair below her.

Kanae was surprised that the beautiful woman didn't die, but before the demon could speak or attack, she cut the strands of hair that were holding her sister up before picking her up and carrying her to Inuyasha, who was stunned by her unexpected arrival.

"You... how dare you, you stupid girl?!", The severed head of hers yelled at her, looking straight into her eyes, "what the heck are you?! A Human!?"

"Kanae! What are you doing here?", Her sister asked her as she delicately left her on the ground.

"I came for you, Kagome," she replied as she got into a fighting stance, shielding Inuyasha and Kagome with her body, never taking her eyes off the demon.

"Kagome, what do you know about that woman?", She spoke; Kanae supposed that since her younger sister had spent three days in this place, she must know something relevant that could be useful to defeat the demon in front of her.

Since cutting off the demon's head didn't work, something else had to be her weakness. She just had to find it.

"Not much... but there is a strange skull in that nest of hair; I think that skull is its weakness...," said her sister, saying everything she knew so far.

"I see...," she spoke, forming a plan in her mind. Inuyasha was injured, however, he could still move, and Kagome could see the skull; they would be a perfect duo. Inuyasha could protect Kagome while she searched for the skull.

They could destroy the skull while she distracts the demon.

"Oi! What the hell are you talking about?", The demon yelled at them, who was still headless, despite being without one hand and with her head turned away from her body, she looked ready to attack.

They had to act fast.

"Sorry, but- is your name Inuyasha, right?", Kanae spoke, attracting the attention of the strange man who was behind her.

"Yes, what happens?", The boy asked, standing up, while he held the wound that was on his chest.

"Help Kagome find that skull and destroy it together."

Kagome gasped, "wait! What will you do?"

"I'm going to distract her, now go!"

"Heh, fine. but don't blame me if you get hurt," the man spoke as he hoisted Kagome onto his back.