| 9 |

...

A somewhat embarrassed voice brought her out of her calm state, "...Oi."

"Hmm?" Kanae inquired curiously as she gently placed the small porcelain cup on the wooden table.

It had been a few days since she had last seen Inuyasha. The University had made Kanae have to report for a few days, which caused her to not be able to be with Kagome for a few days in the ancient time.

The crow she rescued had woken up a few hours after she dropped it off at Kaede's house. To the surprise of many, the feathered demon had grown fond of her for some reason.

Unfortunately, she had to leave him in Kaede's care while she returned to her time.

Her soft gaze landed on Inuyasha who had somehow managed to get Buyo, the family cat, to let him pet him.

Inuyasha looked away, embarrassed, before opening his mouth and then closing it abruptly. 'What has him this way? Is it because of Kagome?', She asked herself. Kanae felt a smile beginning to form on her softly painted lips as she thought of Inuyasha being embarrassed for asking for the fifth time where Kagome was and when her little sister would arrive.

Her sister had gone out with her mother and her grandfather to run some errands, with the intention that Kagome would bring enough supplies for when they both traveled to the ancient times. Sota was still at school, wich is why Kanae was alone.

Of course, until the arrival of a certain boy.

"How did you do it?"

"How did I do what, Inuyasha?", Kanae questioned with his soft voice.

"You know, when you were fighting with Yura, how did you manage to move quickly and without getting hurt?"

Oh.

He was asking about her technique. Well, it wouldn't be surprising if Inuyasha did it, it wasn't the first time someone had asked her about her abilities.

This time she turned to where the hanyō was, "Inuyasha, do you want me to train you?"

A small snort was the only thing she received from the dog-eared boy.

...

The gentle rays of the sun provided soft warmth for her skin. Currently, they are outside the house, more precisely in the garden, where they would both have more space.

Kanae sweated internally as her eyes fell on the huge sword Inuyasha was holding.

'It's a magic sword'

Of course, it would have been a lie if Kanae said that she didn't know that the sword was magic and that she didn't know about it at first, after all: the flea named 'Myoga' had told her that when she first met him, of course, after a long lecture on why he should not drink women's blood without their consent.

But still, to say that Kanae wasn't surprised by the size of the sword would be a lie.

She let out a soft exhalation to collect herself from her initial surprise before speaking. "Alright, Inuyasha, could you do some stances? As if you were attacking an opponent".

The white-haired boy, clearly confused by her request, nodded before doing what she asked him to do.

It didn't take long for Kanae to notice his mistakes.

Inuyasha swung his sword a little roughly one last time before turning to her. "Well?" he asked, clearly curious, about what she would say.

"Your agility is fine, your angle, and the speed with which you swing the sword is the only thing that needs improvement"

"Okay, how do I do it?"

"Try to balance and move your body more. The angle is very important, in addition to the speed when you swing the sword, both things are essential to ensure that the sword manages to cut your target".

"Like this?"

"Lower your body more and try to move your hips more"

"Like this?"

"No, lower your hand more."

Inuyasha, clearly annoyed, grumbled, "Okay."

Kanae approached him with a small, amused smile, her delicate hands gently sliding over his to adjust his grip on the sword.

"Avoid placing your thumbs on the top of the handle, or you will only end up with a poor grip on the sword. Of course, there are different variations on how to hold a sword, but this is how a katana is normally used." She explained as she guided his arms.

"Hey..."

"Hmm?"

"And how does this help me to do the same techniques as you?"

Kanae let out a soft sigh internally. Although visibly amused at Inuyasha's impatience. This was going to be a long day.

...