| 7 |

...

She had been following the sounds for what seemed like minutes. The shovel had been left in the well long ago when Kanae had finished sealing the samurai's graves. She was about to go to the town where her sister had gone this morning when she heard the small sounds.

They were... whiners?

Kanae couldn't tell for sure, when she realized, she had reached the bank of a river. That's when she noticed

It was a crow, it seemed to be injured. Quickly, she approached, cradling the small animal.

Apparently, it had an injured wing. It seemed to be broken by the unnatural way it looked.

She wondered what it could have hurt the bird for its wing to break like that. Kanae was saddened to hear the small moans coming from the small and feathered animal.

Kanae recalled that her sister had brought the medicine chest back to this time to heal her friend, carefully securing the Crow in her arms, she got up to start jogging towards where her sister had told her the small town was.

From what she could see, the town wasn't too far from where she was.

A sensation that she felt familiar washed over her. She came from the bird that she was carrying. She realized late that the crow was a demon.

Of course, a normal crow couldn't have endured such pain for long. Even so, Kanae followed her path. She knew that even if the crow wanted to hurt someone, it could not.

She was already close, she could hear the voices of some people and the unmistakable sound of screeching horses.

...

Kagome felt dizzy as she landed with Inuyasha back in the normal world. The fight against Sesshomaru, the older brother of her new friend, really left her stunned.

She really regretted not staying with her older sister.

"You feel good?". Inuyasha asked her as he helped her up. Although to be honest, the fool didn't know how to be nice. He was holding her awkwardly, didn't he know how to treat a lady?

Kagome grumbled both annoyed and amused, "so far you ask me?"

Men. Kagome would never understand them.

...

"Excuse me..."

The man's confused sound at her surprise arrival was her response as he turned to see her confused.

"Do you know where a girl named Kagome is? She is my sister". She asked with a small smile, waiting for an answer.

The man's eyes widened as his cheeks reddened more than they already were from the effort he had been making seeing the state of the harvest and also from being in the sun for so long.

Kanae sighed internally, it was something common for this to happen in her past life. And there was a time when she was a child that she genuinely thought wouldn't happen anymore, but she realized that she was wrong when that same year a boy from her class gave her flowers and asked her to be her girlfriend.

She felt a little bad when she turned him down as nicely as she could. Though, something inside of her felt relieved that this had never happened with Shinobu.
Her younger sister would have roasted the poor Child in a thousand different ways.

The peasant cleared his throat as if trying to concentrate or perhaps to gain courage, -perhaps it was both- before speaking, "I think... Granny Kaede knows where she is."

She smiled in appreciation, "and where is she?"

...

Kaede had been in her cabin too focused to notice the time while arranging various special medicines from the medicinal plants that she had managed to gather that morning along with some of the village children before she found herself with Kagome and Inuyasha in a...compromising position.

Several things had happened after the troublesome guys had left.

When she was done, she poured the homogeneous mass into a new container. Kaede sighed quietly and in total peace when she heard the soft singing of the birds outside her cabin.

Memories of her past came to her suddenly. She remembered with nostalgia when her older sister, Kikyo, first instructed her about medicinal plants.

She missed her, Kaede missed her older sister. Her death still hurt her, even after fifty long years it still hurt her.

But Kaede never gave up, even when she no longer had the strength to continue, she never did.

The day her sister died, she made her a promise, that she was going to go ahead and protect what her sister called home. Kaede was going to protect her legacy.

Kagome was her sister's reincarnation. 'At least my older sister has a good life in another time', was what she thought one night while watching the young woman sleep.

Kagome didn't have calluses on her hands from using a bow. She had delicate hands and a soft expression, not one hardened by war.

Kagome... She has an older sister, if she remembered correctly.

"Priestess Kaede". A voice was heard outside her cabin, someone needed her help.

Resigned, Kaede slowly got up from where she was sitting, "what do ye need?"

"Someone is looking for you".

...

Curiosities*

In the English dub, Kaede speaks with a faux "old English" accent, frequently using "Ye" to refer to other people. She is the only person in the series to speak in such a way. — inuyasha fandom wiki.

...

what the heck...
Does anyone know what happened to the author?, lmao

anyways—
a quick update! (I wanted to do it ahead of time to upload chapter eight this weekend, pfff)

...

🍑 other stories 🍑

Eclipse - Varios!Naruto - 𝓋𝑒𝓇. spa

Eclipse - Various!Naruto - 𝓋𝑒𝓇. eng

𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙨 | 𝘷𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴!𝘈𝘖𝘛 |

Into another dimension?| batsis!Reader |