| 10 |

...

The modestly weighted backpack rested calmly on his shoulders. Kanae smiled as she turned to see her younger sister, who was murmuring about what book or books to take to study in the ancient time.

According to her calculations, it was ten in the morning. The sun felt warm from where she was standing, the weather was starting to feel warm since the spring season was starting.

"Very well! I'm ready", her little sister exclaimed happily as she stood up. Kagome was starting to grab her backpack to carry it on her back when Kanae walked forward.

"Let me carry it for you", she spoke with a smile as she carried her sister's yellow backpack.

Kagome, visibly embarrassed, stammered something before speaking, "b-but Kanae! I can do it alone!"

Kanae placed one of her delicate hands on her painted lips to contain a small giggle that was rising in her throat. Kagome was so cute when she was outraged or embarrassed about something.

Kagome didn't find her amusement at the situation amusing, if her indignant little snort told her anything.

...

"Sister..."

"Hmm?"

"I can carry my backpack, you know", Kagome spoke, a little embarrassed as she walked behind her.

Both were no longer in the house, now they were outside the sanctuary where the mysterious well was located that could transport them to the other time.

Kanae turned to look at Kagome, and, to her amusement, she still looked embarrassed. Well, that was normal, Kanae used to carry her little sister's backpack when they were little girls and went to school together.

She gave a soft giggle before handing the backpack to Kagome, "okay, here you go".

Kagome smiled before gently taking the backpack and then placing it on her shoulders. After making sure she was properly positioned, he turned his curious gaze towards Kanae, "By the way, I have a question".

"Sure, tell me", she said, as she opened the sanctuary doors.

"Do you think the blacksmiths from old lady Kaede's village can sharpen your sword?", Kagome asked curiously, a bit of worry seeping into her voice as she looked at the sword her sister was holding.

"I'm not sure, Kagome. Although old lady Kaede said they were good", she sincerely said as she walked down the old stairs together with her sister. To tell the truth, she wasn't so sure if the blacksmiths from Kaede's village would achieve a result almost the same or similar to the swordsmiths who forged swords from her former life, but, she had nothing to lose by trying.

Furthermore, it would be too self-centered to think that the blacksmiths of ancient times would not achieve a good result with their sword, when many of Kaede's village fought with demons daily.

"But", she spoke again, as she stood in front of the well next to her sister, "-I trust that they will do a good job", she spoke as she gave a smile to her sister. .

Kagome smiled at her in return, this time a little calmer.

"You know, just trusting doesn't help much", a voice suddenly spoke, making Kagome squeal and jump towards Kanae.

"Oh, it's you-"

"Inuyasha! At what time did you arrive?"

"I just got here- scared girl"

"Hey!"

...