| 6 |

Kagome had left earlier that day to go with Inuyasha to tend to her injuries. Her mother had given Kagome a small first aid kit. Her little sister had protested a bit, but after some insistence from her mother, she had agreed to take it.

Kanae was going to leave a bit later. She still had to arrange the things that she would need to make the graves for the fallen soldiers.

Before, in her past life, some demon slayers buried the fallen. Regardless of whether they were civilians or someone from the organization. Kanae had buried many people, teammates, friends, allies and then her little sisters and the girls from the butterfly mansion had to bury her too.

The shovel that she had borrowed from her grandfather and that she intended to use was wrapped in an old canvas cloth already worn by time.
The sword that she had used in her fight against the demon was wrapped in a white cloth to protect it. Kanae was about to leave when her mother stopped her.

"Kanae, wait", Her mother spoke while she approached where she was.

Curious, she turned her gaze to where her mother was, "Mm?"

"I have something for you..."

...

Careful not to drop it, she was pulling the shovel out of the pit along with the sword, when it were completely out of it she climbed a little more to get out of the bone-eater's well. The sky hadn't changed at all, it was the same as she had seen before entering the sanctuary. The only thing that changed was the landscape.

She sighed as she cleaned her skirt a bit of any possible dust she may have accidentally picked up before continuing her journey to where the first bodies she had found yesterday were.

Her feet remembering the way guided her to her destination. The smell of decomposition wasn't overpowering enough to make her expression change, but it was definitely strong enough to attract a good dozen flies and other insects to the remains of the samurai.

Leaving the shovel and sword on one of the trees, she put on a scarf to cover half her face. Taking a scrunchie for her hair, she tied it into a messy bun, so her long hair wouldn't get in the way when she started digging.

Before taking the shovel, she put on her gloves, which were a little loose on her, and rolled up the sleeves of her blouse.

She groped with her delicate hands to make sure the butterfly clips hadn't moved. Her mother had given them to her before she came to the ancient times. Apparently she was planning to give the clips to Kanae when it was her birthday, but due to the events that have been happening, she had decided to give them to her earlier.

For Kanae they were cute, they looked exactly like the ones she had in her past life.

"You've always told me you love butterflies, so I was planning to get you these for your birthday". Those were her mother's words

Making quick work, she began to dig three holes of at least two meters. When she was done, she pieced together the best she could the remains of the bodies.

Kanae was grateful that her sister decided to go to the village and not insist on accompanying her.

She simply did not want her sister's innocence to be affected by seeing human corpses in an initial state of decomposition.
Kanae felt that she had failed Shinobu in that regard to protect her from the sight of her dead parents. Although a part of her told her that if Shinobu had heard her thoughts, she would be scolding her right now.

Before beginning to bury the bodies, Kanae knelt over one of the graves, then removed the sword from the cloth in which it was wrapped and placed it carefully next to the samurai's corpse.

Kanae hummed as she let out a tired sigh, 'I wonder what Kagome is doing right now...', she thought as she looked up at the sky that was beginning to turn a soft orange.

It was foolish to worry about her sister's safety, knowing that someone like Inuyasha wouldn't let anything happen to Kagome.

'Pff- those two make a fun duo'.

...

Kagome grumbled in great annoyance as she climbed out of the molten rubble before pointing with the worn sword at Inuyasha's older brother, "I promise, my older sister will kick your ass once I tell her you attacked me!"

Sesshomaru only raised a thin eyebrow, unfazed by the words of the pathetic human in front of him, "What?"

...

Guess who will have a chapter for them in the future, pff-

- - - - - - - - - -

🍑 other stories 🍑

Eclipse - Varios!Naruto - 𝓋𝑒𝓇. spa

Eclipse - Various!Naruto - 𝓋𝑒𝓇. eng

𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙨 | 𝘷𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴!𝘈𝘖𝘛 |

Into another dimension?| batsis!Reader |