12. Confession on the Coffee House

The next day in college, shehnaaz was a little absentminded. She did not pay attention in class and was lost in her thoughts. Jasmine was noticing her changed behavior, but little did she know that shehnaaz had given her consent to become a surrogate mother for Sidharth shukla .

When students were questioned by the professor in the class, shehnaaz was the first one who would raise her hand and answer the questions. But today she was acting the opposite of her usual self. She was physically sitting in the class but did not pay attention to a single word that the professor was saying. Jasmine waited until the class got over.

Once the professor made his way out of the classroom, she elbowed shehnaaz and questioned her,

"Where are you lost?The class is over. Come on,shehnaaz . Let's go."

Shehnaaz had made a fist of her hand and had rested her face on it. She was holding a pen with which she was making a weird design on the last page of her notebook. Her actions pronounced loudly that despite being physically present in the class, shehnaaz had her mind lost in some other world. She sat straight upon being called by Jasmine .

"No jasmine , let's just stay here. Mr. Thomas might be coming to the class," Shehnaaz stated.

Jasmine scratched her head and asked, "Were you sleeping in the class? Tell me, shehnaaz . "

Shehnaaz was annoyed at jasmine for asking her that.

Have I ever slept in the middle of a class? What rubbish are you talking about? " Shehnaaz answered annoyingly.

Jasmine answered her with the same annoyance in her tone, "Then why didn't you listen to the announcement that Mr. Anderson made in the class before leaving?"

Shehnaaz got frustrated and yelled at Jasmine ,

"Don't you piss me off. Would you please be kind enough to tell me about the announcement that was made in the class?"

Jasmine smiled at her friend and answered her back. "Mr. Thomas is absent. So we won't be having his class today. And... My darling, that means we can simply go to the hostel and enjoy ourselves."

She appeared to be excited as she gave the information.

Shehnaaz took a deep breath and was relieved. She rubbed her palms over her face and responded, "Oh, is that so? Umm... I didn't hear that. Now, what are you waiting for? Come on, let's go to the hostel. "

On their way back to the hostel, shehnaaz was quiet, and she did not say a word. Jasmine , being her usual talkative self, kept reciting her tales all the while. They were about to reach the hostel when shehnaaz was reluctant to move any further.

"Jasmine , I don't want to go to the hostel now. Could we please go somewhere else?" She requested

Jasmine was surprised by her sudden demand.

But, shehnaaz , where do you want to go? I thought we would take a long nap after reaching the hostel," Jasmine asked confusingly.

Shehnaaz held her hand and pulled her towards herself.
"Please, Jasmine ... Let's go somewhere."

Jasmine attempted to adjust her shoulder according to the pull. Okay, let's go. But do you have any place in mind?" She asked.

"No... But anywhere would be fine with me." Shehnaaz replied to her question unwillingly.

Jasmine gave it a thought and decided,
"okay, let's go to the coffee house."

Shehnaaz gave her consent to her decision, and both the girls made their way towards the coffee house located near their hostel.