Chapter 26 - Famous last words

Now I know that I can't make you stay
But where's your heart?
But where's your-
And I know there's nothing I can say
To change that part

"What happened?"

"The minotaur... He hit her head against the floor many times." A whimpering voice said. It sounded like a child in their early teens.

"How much time has she been unconscious?"

"I don't know..."

"Less than three minutes." Another voice declared, low and manly.

"That's good." Was that Chishiya's voice?

You opened your eyes. Everything was blurry. Your head hurt so much. It felt as if it had been split open. You also felt dizzy, to the point of wanting to throw up, but you didn't think you could actually stood up to do it.

Two heads with a beautiful set of blonde hair and an even more perfect-looking face appeared in your line of view. Actually, no, they started to merge together and became just one. What was happening?

"Chishiya?" You asked, squinting your eyes. There was a light somewhere. It made everything worse.

"I'm here." You felt someone's hand on your own.

"My head is killing me."

"I know."

"Did you beat the King of Diamonds?"

A laugh, but kind of strained. Was he worried about something?

"Yes."

And then you remembered, you were supposed to be playing as well.

"Did I beat the King of Hearts?"

"You did."

SEVEN HOURS AGO

SEVEN HOURS AGO

"I'm not going to let you go play the King of Diamonds on your own." You declared, once more, just in case Chishiya had any doubts about it still.

"Yes, you will." He answered, simply. "We need to beat all of the games. And you said it yourself, if someone can beat diamonds, that is me."

"Now you are just boasting." But you had said that. You hated yourself and your stupid mouth that liked to form words without your brain's input.

"I will be fine. There is nothing in this world that could keep me from returning to you."

It felt good to hear that. You were about to smile, but had to remind yourself that thirty seconds ago you wanted to kill him. And the murdering instincts had the winning hand, no matter how many beautiful things he would say. 

"Stop being cute." You demanded, hoping he hadn't noticed how his words had made you feel. But he knew he had you eating out of the palm of his hand.

"I promise you. I will be back."