Ch. 7

A strange feeling came over you as you stared at the strange glowing star in Mario's hand.

You weren't sure how, but you could feel the magic coming off of this item.

Each wave of energy embedded itself in your chest. The star sent consistent pulse's of magic, making it feel like a second heartbeat was starting to rise within you. While you weren't sure what the item was, you knew there was a good reason for the fear on Kameks and Bowser's face.

"Jr?" You whispered while turning to your brother. "What is that?"

Jr had the same look of fear on his face as the others, but when he turned to you, his expression twisted into one of pure terror.

He quickly got up from where he was and took a few steps back. You also stood up after he did this, not knowing what had caused him to react in such a way.

"E-eyes..." He stuttered out "They're glowing. I-I've never seen them so... bright."

While you were unable to see, you knew exactly what he meant.

Whenever you had a bad episode with your magic, your eyes would glow with the same color as your magic. You didn't feel like you were about to have an episode though.

If anything, you felt as if you had the most control over your magic than you have ever had before.

"Jr, I-"

"Where did you get that!?" You were quickly interrupted by a yell from Kamek.

Turning your attention back to the bridge, you watched as both Bowser and Kamek were backing away in fear.

"Does that really matter at this point?" Mario said rather calmly. "You've not only kidnapped our princess, but you have also just injured my brother. You should feel lucky I'm even giving you a chance to surrender."

You could feel your heartbeat begin to race faster after he said this. Strangely, the pulse coming from the star began to match yours.

"Believe it or not, we have more than one of these." Mario continued, "So... I suggest you think twice about pulling a stunt like this again."

Bowser clenched his fists while he stared daggers at Mario. The only thing to break his death stare was a touch on the shoulder by Kamek.

You watched as Kamek whispered something to him, and saw his face turn into one of defeat. It was then silent as the pair both turned their attention back to Mario, Kamek's hand still on Bowser's shoulder.

"Well?" Mario questioned them as the silence continued.

What are they doing?

They stood there in silence just staring at Mario. You weren't sure what they were doing. You expected them to have retreated by now.

"Oh..." Mario said, finally breaking the silence. "Heh, I see how it is..."

Without another word you watched as Mario closed his fist around the star.

You felt the pulse of magic leave your body, along with the feeling of control. Fear began to rise in you as you felt your magic starting to overwhelm you.

No! I have to concentrate!

You weren't going to let your magic breach your emotion at this time. You gripped your fist on the side of the battlement and began to focus on what was around you.

You watched as Mario, the man who took your one moment of control away from you, became engulfed in a white glow.

Many colors then began to flash in and out as the light pulsed around him. His eyes then burned a pure white, as he stared directly at Kamek and Bowser.