Ch. 27

Waluigi stayed silent, just continuing to glare down at you with a chilling gaze.

Even though Toadsworth had told you he was technically reformed and an ally, you couldn't help but feel uneasy over the thought of him once working with Kadaver. Not to mention the fact that he appeared to always have a negative energy in his demeanor.

"W-what are you doing here?" You tried to ask calmly.

"The fact that you don't know why I'm here is a bit concerning." He bluntly said before walking around you. "You're lucky that common sense and basic knowledge isn't something needed for the role you just signed up for."

Wow.

Ok...

"That... wasn't really an answer to my question..." you said, trying your best to ignore his rude words and turning to follow him to the front of the ship.

He stopped and turned around, crossing his arms as he once again looked down at you coldly.

"You really can't connect the dots yourself?" He asked condescendingly. "I work for Princess Daisy. I'm a part of the Sarasaland Kingdom. The Sarasaland Kingdom is allied with both the Mushroom Kingdom and New Donk City. Are you starting to get a clear picture (y/n), or do I have to explain it slower for you to understand?"

"So you're saying that the Sarasaland Kingdom is also working on this 'human protection act' thing?" You questioned.

He seemed a bit surprised that you asked that without any reaction to his insults, but at this point you were just looking for solid answers.

"You really didn't know that?" He asked while giving you a confused look.

"I mean, why else would I ask?" You muttered, probably coming off a bit too patronizing.

He paused for a moment as he uncrossed his arms and put his hands in his pockets. He took in a deep breath while looking around the airship, before bringing his attention back to you.

"Listen, closely (y/n)..." He said in a hushed and hostile tone while slowly stepping a bit closer. "I suggest you-"

"Hey, is that (y/n)!?" A voice you recognized as Daisy's suddenly called out.

You turned away from Waluigi in confusion, only to see Daisy and Wario looking down at the two of you from the deck on top of the main cabin of the airship.

"I think that is them!" Wario shouted, being unnecessarily loud. "(y/n)! Kick his scrawny ass!"

"Wario, NO!" Daisy scolded. "Stop trying to encourage fights between people you dipstick!"

You then watched as Daisy jumped over the railing and down to the main deck, impressively sticking the landing as she did so.

Followed by her was Wario, who less gracefully hopped the railing and fell onto the ground next to her with a thud. You were surprised to see him swiftly get up, seeming completely unfazed by the fall as he brushed himself off.

"Just use the stairs next time..." Daisy mumbled to him while walking up to you. "Hey (y/n)! Are you feeling ready for today? I hope my employee was being professional..."

Daisy glared at Waluigi, causing you to turn and also look at him.

You weren't surprised to see that his previous callous expression was now replaced with a more tired and blank looking one.

"To be honest... he was being a bit... rude." You hesitantly answered. "But, that's kind of what I expected from him based on the first time we met..."

"Yeah, I'll be sure to have another chat with him about that later." Daisy chuckled nervously while continuing to give angry glances towards Waluigi. "I know that wasn't the best first impression we could have made with you, so I would like to apologize for his behavior that day."