Ch. 32

A/N

Just a small reminder that (a/c) means (any color)

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

_____

Your mind was full and in a constant loop of questioning.

For the first time, the chain that hung permanently around your neck felt heavy and restricting.

And, while hard for you to understand or describe, a part of you just felt...

empty...

A bit after you had gained back consciousness, you managed to push through the aching and soreness that was engulfing your body and attempted to refresh yourself for whatever you had to go through next.

All you could do now in order to not get overwhelmed was take one step at a time...

After utilizing the shower you had left running for who knows how long at this point, you changed into a more comfortable outfit that had been provided within your room, consisting of a simple pair of (a/c) sweatpants, and a (a/c) tank top with a baggy, (a/c) sweatshirt worn over it.

You struggled to use your magic, but eventually managed to muster up enough energy to change your disguise back into the previous outfit Toadsworth had summoned on you, luckily with the torn fabric and blood not translating over.

You were also very careful to make sure no possible evidence of your injuries were left behind, cleaning up any stains or drops of blood you found in the bathroom.

Inspecting where you had been struck by Waluigi's attack and where Wario's device had been latched onto you, you were grateful to see that both areas were healed. However, unlike the strength of a magic user's healing, it appeared that the healing potion Gale had given you left faded scars where your injuries had been.

Wario's attack only left small dotted scars on your arm that were barely noticeable unless you looked very closely. Unfortunately, the scar Waluigi gave you on your shoulder's side was much more visible, with the cut being quite obvious.

Though, these were both easily covered up and hidden by clothing, so you weren't too worried about it...

Having finally gotten yourself cleaned up, you exhaustingly flopped yourself onto the couch within the room's living area.

Your heart felt heavy and your body continued to ache. You couldn't keep your mind from eating away at any chance of keeping your thoughts and feelings from dwelling on what just happened.

Who...

Who was that man?

Images of that strange silhouette struggling against the chains and burning light flashed in your mind as you felt tears start to form in your tired eyes.

Your head began to hurt and your heart raced as you desperately tried to recall everything he had said to you, but a lot of it felt blurred. It was as if you were trying to remember a dream... or a nightmare...

However, you had a strong sense that he wasn't just a figment of your mind's own creation.

The moments he had spoken to you before, and the times he had influenced your thoughts, it all felt too real...

His absence within you felt too real as well...

You could tell he was gone.

Despite the clouded state of your memories, one thing you were able to recall clearly was the words he said to you within his state of panic and desperation, with that final moment seemingly sticking in your mind over all other events.